To me without typing a wall of text and keeping things as simple as possible you have two options:

1 Test Blink Bonny - Build the basic Radius 3 starter oval, which we know the loco should be able to travel round without derailing. Make sure the track is flat and level with no damaged track pieces. Send it 15mins in each direction clockwise, anticlockwise, backwards as well as forwards and if it keeps derailing then a call to CS for a return. If not re-design the layout in the offending section.

Or

2 Test the current Layout - Put a different loco on the current layout and see if it derails in the same area. If it does then re-design the layout, if not contact CS and have Blink Bonny returned.

Job done, no need for war & peace or equations for life, the universe and everything. 🙂 

Edited by Tim Allen

Definitions

Requirement : a thing that is compulsory; a necessary condition.

Recommendation : a suggestion or proposal as to the best course of action

22 minutes ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

No but you said "you had to do it" which is incorrect. 

I suggest you produce those exact words.   We both know you can not.  I am a reasonably disciplined correspondent and am careful with my words.   

I did say "Back to back opposite turns without an intermediate straight is a recommendation, not a strict rule."  Perhaps you can locate that statement when you search my posts, in an attempt to prove yourself right, yet again. 

Good day sir.

Bee 

• Like 1

On 25/07/2024 at 20:40, What About The Bee said:

Back to back opposite turns are a no no. There must be a sufficient length of straight between them. 

Your statement and saying things are a "no no" means you should not and something must be done about it you never mentioned a recommendation. Then saying "there must be a sufficient length of straight between them" is enough to make a decision that you are incorrect.

End of.

Edited by Silver Fox 17

Another issue that did affect some early TT locos was out of alignment chassis, that can cause a number of issues such as driving wheels trying to climb up rails and in some situations that can derail as the image shows. Testing in a few different track formations and directions, usually slow speed often highlights if this is the issue. It can also happen if drive wheels are misaligned on chassis or the gauging is out. 

Edited by Rallymatt

It's the same thing as "transition" curves which are used on the real railways to allow smooth running but hardly ever used on model railways, and never when using set track! The main issue with reverse curves is when propelling a train, for instance into a fan of sidings, yes it can be done, but it's more likely for things to go wrong! The key is to slow down!!

If you have a cross-over on a (model) two-track layout then you have reverse curves. Treat it as an excuse to add appropriate speed signs - West Hill Wagon Works make a set.

• Like 2

Wondering whether the derailment of the rear driving wheels could be due to the un-flanged trailing wheels maybe catching on something if the track's not level?  Lifting the rear of the loco and allowing the wheels to derail? 

As with all derailment scenarios it's necessary to spend some time running the loco slowly over the section of track where it occurs and observing closely exactly what's happening to cause the problem. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rallymatt said:

It shouldn’t @Rog RJ as there is only  1 drawbar setting on TT:120 locos, I think @Silver Fox 17 has had these round the very tight radius on the old Triang TT3 track without issue. 
I know on OO they started putting a close couple hole in for display or very large radius layouts. 

That's right Matt, I have had the A1, A4, class 50 and the Mk1 and Staniers all around Triang TT small radius curves without any issues. 

• Like 1

This is just to show the locos will go around reverse curves without straights between left and right turning and without any issue. The curves here are even tighter than Hornby R1 and there are 4 sets of reverse curves in this church open day loose lay layout.

A straight between is a good idea but is NOT a requirement.

• Like 4