New Events feature

96RAF

The sharp eyed amongst you will have seen a new feature added to the menu bar and the +Create drop down - i.e. Events.

These allow anyone to post a calendar event such as a local or national show, or some other associated event. You can also create a gallery album and tag those pictures to the event - e.g. a poster for the event, promotional images, etc.

The calendar can be filtered for any or all brands, so you can see what is going on in other modelling areas that may be of interest.

Each calendar can be viewed by day-week-month-year and any event expanded from there, very similar to the calendar on your PC, phone or tablet.

I would ask for common sense to be applied to the Event postings as we do not want everyone to flag up their birthday or next visit to the dentist, etc. Any inappropriate posts will be removed.

Edit - when posting an event please ensure you select the correct calendar for it else it gets posted in the wrong brand and become invisible to your intended brand viewers.

Edited by 96RAF
Added caution to post in the correct calendar
  • Like 5

Where would I see Peachy's, or indeed anyone else's, event?

I understand how to make one.  Under strict moderator warning, I will not make one for my "Its Friday, wear a potatoe on your neck event". 🙃

Perhaps someone more bold than I will make an event so we can see how it works?

Bee

Thank you yes.

I have been fiddling around with the system.  

I can see a calendar at

https://community.hornbyhobbies.com/events

but hilariously, no way to get there from here 

https://community.hornbyhobbies.com

I am using mobile, not PC.  It should be a selection from that page, but I simply cannot find it (under the assumption it is there)

Bee

A new fangled computer?

I prefer my news over the telegraph, by Morse Code.

-.-. .- -. .----. - / .-- .- .. - / ..-. --- .-. / .- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - .. --- -. / ... - --- .--. / .. / .-- --- -. -.. . .-. / .-- .... --- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -... . / ..-. .. .-. ... - / ... - --- .--. / -.-. .- -. / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .-. .- -.-. -.- / - .... . / -.-. --- -.. . / ... - --- .--. / -... . . / ... - --- .--.

Properly typed out, on a typewriter, of course @ntpntpntp

Bee

Edited by What About The Bee

1 hour ago, What About The Bee said:

hilariously, no way to get there from here

You are not alone @What About The Bee, currently the navigation away from that area is cumbersome/non-existant/undiscoverable. The issue has been raised with Hornby Towers. We await feedback. R-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, What About The Bee said:

Thank you yes.

I have been fiddling around with the system.  

I can see a calendar at

https://community.hornbyhobbies.com/events

but hilariously, no way to get there from here 

https://community.hornbyhobbies.com

I am using mobile, not PC.  It should be a selection from that page, but I simply cannot find it (under the assumption it is there)

Bee

So I still couldn’t find how to start adding an event, so I used your link above. Unfortunately I’ve set it as a Pocher event by mistake, but can’t edit it. 
tbh… life’s way too short to do this sort of stuff..  that will likely be my last event post 

Edited by Peachy

9 minutes ago, Peachy said:

So I still couldn’t find how to start adding an event, so I used your link above. Unfortunately I’ve set it as a Pocher event by mistake, but can’t edit it. 
tbh… life’s way too short to do this sort of stuff..  that will likely be my last event post 

Hello Peachy,

All you have to do from the TT:120 forum is go to the top bar and click on "Events" and you will be in the correct calendar for Hornby.

image.thumb.png.d599535c21368da574a7cfc324fc6690.png

And for correcting, you need to write to the administrator. I also miss the delete-button in the forum.

Regards,

Ilmson

20 minutes ago, Peachy said:

I see no sign of your event, maybe if you go fetch the page URL I can move it for you.

14 minutes ago, Going Spare said:

The Darlington event is quoted as being held on 14/15 September yet it also appears on the calendar for the 16th.

Already noted, and passed to higher authority. Confusingly it looks like there is a glitch as event dates are correct within post, just not calendar. R-

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1