Viewable and printable list of profiles

Hello all, 

I created a listing of profiles that can be viewed in your browser. I did this so I could print out and annotate the profiles I'm using, but I figured others might find is useful as well. Few notes that might be of interest:

• The list is of all profiles, those that have been released, those that are to yet be released (listed as Unreleased) and those in development (listed with TBC version number).
  • I included a few buttons, to expand the whole list in case some of you want to print a book 😄, and to hide all collapsed items so it's possible to cleanly print info for a single profile
  • Each listing includes a link that'll open a full resolution image (if available)
  • Each listing includes download links for the aprom and spirom .bin files. Not sure why anyone would want these right now, since there is no easy way to side-load them into the decoder, but I'm hoping this might get a ball rolling for those smarter than myself to figure out how to create custom profiles for unsupported and non-UK locos. Maybe Hornby could release the specs of the .bin formats. One can hope?
  • This is a self-contained page so data within is current as of today but is not live. If there is interest, I can host this page and make it live so that the data is always up to date. Or maybe Hornby can host it on their site... hint hint 🙂 

Enjoy!

Tomasz

Mod Edit: See link below in this thread for updated link 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tomasz-1303413 said:

Yeah, mobile browsers are not great at working with local pages. I went ahead and hosted this on one of my servers, now it's using live data that's always up to date and should work in mobile browsers. Try this instead:

http://betterlap.com/HornbyProfiles.aspx

Now that is really useful and very comprehensive when you click on any profile and open the options. The expand all is superb. Very good work.

• Thanks 1

• RB51 pinned this topic

I can view and expand all profile in my browser (Mozilla Firefox), really appreciate @Tomasz-1303413. Any chance I can have this as a downloadable version to save on my mac-book?

Manage to save as PDF in expandable format, 338 pages.

Regards

Edited by Deem

@Deem You can adjust the zoom when printing to PDF to reduce the page count, But yes, that's probably the best way to get an offline version. Just keep in mind the online version will update as information changes, the pdf will only be valid for so long ...

I notice than as well as expand-all you can select a single line then by clicking again within the pop-up on the line which turns blue each profile can be expanded individually. A really useful facility.

IMG_2257.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

I added the ability to preview (prehear?) the profile sounds. Since I don't want to stress Hornby servers you'll need to click on the Load Profile button for the locomotive to actually download and hear the file. Once you do, it might take a few seconds for it to show up, but you should see a timeline and be able to click on it or on the Play All button to hear the individual sounds. Most profiles contain between 100 and 150 individual sound clips that make up the overall experience and what you hear might be out of logical order as the sounds are not stored in the order of running. 

Please also note that the playback quality is pretty poor right now due to me having to guess on some of the parameters of the decoding, in particular the prediction coefficients. Because of the sound encoding technique I'd need to know the exact encoding parameters to be able to replicate the sounds exactly, and so far I don't have that info... So take what you hear with a large grain of salt, the actual sounds are a lot higher quality, I swear 🙂 

Also, currently I don't have a way to map the sounds to the functions yet, so you'll need to hunt within the timeline to find just the right horn or brake squeal. 

Happy listening!

Tomasz

The link again is:

http://betterlap.com/HornbyProfiles.aspx

Edited by Tomasz-1303413