Been getting strange PMs

Opening my email this morning I was greeted with about half a dozen PM notifications from ColinB, ntp x 3 and Ian-1301567. When I opened the messages they appeared as a normal thread involving those mentioned, with no posts by me. The message, (thread) was started by Ian-1301567. Anyone know anything about it?

Probably quite innocent.  You can delete private conversations if you feel uncomfortable.

How I purchased an expensive bit of kit.

I was studying the specs on a piece of highly desirable equipment.  It was made in the 1930s.  This one was in ideal condition.  Needed it for a project.  Fell asleep while examining it.

Three days later, the gentleman asked when I was to pay for my purchase.  Sure enough, I had opted to purchase in my sleep.  Tapped the button, apparently, but did not notice that when I woke up.

I completed the transaction.  The Admiral had me keel hauled.   Most unpleasant.

Bee

Edited by What About The Bee
I may be the Captain of this ship, but when the Admiral is on board, I am essentially a cabin boy with a fancy hat 😉

5 hours ago, What About The Bee said:

Probably quite innocent.  You can delete private conversations if you feel uncomfortable.

How I purchased an expensive bit of kit.

I was studying the specs on a piece of highly desirable equipment.  It was made in the 1930s.  This one was in ideal condition.  Needed it for a project.  Fell asleep while examining it.

Three days later, the gentleman asked when I was to pay for my purchase.  Sure enough, I had opted to purchase in my sleep.  Tapped the button, apparently, but did not notice that when I woke up.

I completed the transaction.  The Admiral had me keel hauled.   Most unpleasant.

Bee

Love it Bee - are you ex Navy too. My Admiral is over in New Zealand ATM, so I am having a ball with deliveries she won't know about.