Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

But not perhaps from Hornby, I have a strong suspicion that the team based in the East Midlands may do a NER type long before Hornby does. Spurred on no doubt by a 1 to 1 scale replica.

Postman Prat said:

Hi BB

I bet you

a fiver that I get my NER locos before you get your Airsmoothed Merchant!!!

A 3200 'Earl' no 9017 and a J11 'Pom Pom' 64311. Another impulse buy! I only popped into my local model shop to see if they had any 0.33mm brass wire which they didn't. At least the Dukedog travelled over the Southern once to go to the Bluebell.

While

I was there I also pre-ordered a pair of 2Hal.

Reminds me of a guy I knew who went into the garage to get a new bulb fitted to a back light and came out with a new car!!!!

LC&DR said:

A 3200 'Earl' no 9017 and a J11 'Pom Pom' 64311. Another impulse buy! I only popped into my local

model shop to see if they had any 0.33mm brass wire which they didn't. At least the Dukedog travelled over the Southern once to go to the Bluebell.

While I was there I also pre-ordered a pair of 2Hal.

Yes, very much like that!!

Postman Prat said:

Reminds me of a guy I knew who went into the garage to get a new bulb fitted to a back light and came out with a new car!!!!

LC&DR said:

A 3200 'Earl' no 9017 and a J11 'Pom

Pom' 64311. Another impulse buy! I only popped into my local model shop to see if they had any 0.33mm brass wire which they didn't. At least the Dukedog travelled over the Southern once to go to the Bluebell.

While I was there I also pre-ordered a

pair of 2Hal.

Tovidious said:

At the show in Valley Forge? I was there and picked up a few things as well. Some great layouts there, too.

World's greatest hobby on tour, I assume that's the one you're thinking of. Last time it was in Philly

it was the show that got me back into model trains.

Today at Gateshead -

A Railroad 'Schools' nicely repainted in wartime SR black, excellent runner, a BR light blue Pacer with defective couplings but runs reasonably well (for a Pacer) separately, and a R257 Bo-Bo Electric in need of TLC.

Also

some Hornby track to replace some on my Grandson's layout which his little brother did a Godzilla act on before Christmas.

1 Hornby Telephone kiosk - for one station car park

1 pk of 3 Hornby pack litter bins - for station car park near burger bar

1 pk of 3 Hornby SkaleScenics Mixed Green Wire Foliage Branches - for fishing lake

1 pk of 3 Hornby SkaleScenics Deciduous

Trees 63mm - for grassed areas

1 pk Hornby SkaleScenics Golden Brown Field Grass - for fishing lake & river

1 pk Hornby SkaleScenics Light Green Field Grass - for fishing lake & river

1 pk Hornby SkaleScenics Dark Green Field Grass - for fishing

lake & river

5 pks Noch Static grass assorted - for greened areas

1 tub Noch Static Grass adhesive - for greened areas

1 Static grass applicator

1 Woodland Scenics Realist water - for fishing lake and river

1 Metcalfes card kit 2x terraced houses

- for Station Road

1 Metcalfes card kit 4x terraced house fronts - for Station Road

1 Metcalfes card kit 4x terraced house backs - for station Road

Adding to my layout...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/57412-6-new-houses-cut-into-hill-front-view/

• 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to announce I have completed my Phoenix kit of a Bulleid 2Hal, and my Engine Works 4DD. Both are now fully painted and lettered. The Phoenix kit was an aluminium body kit but the 4DD was a resin kit (yugh!) and I shall never again buy a resin

body coach kit.

I have opened the box of a MTK Bulleid 4EPB I bought at a toy fair, some of the whitemetal components are missing, but the essentials are present, so my next task may well be this one.

walkingthedog said:

Mind you don't electrocute yourself PJ.

I got a cheaper one that looks like the Noch one from China.

NO COMPETITION and easier to get a shock from the cheaper one.

Thanks for your thoughts,

I know I may be a pain in the guards van sometimes but we all enjoy our trains. I will play, then share a few images (good or bad!)