Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Perhaps it's time to shellve this madness and lay the egg thing to rest. Sorry that's all I've got.

Anyhoo... back to latest acquisition, signed the contract on a new house yesterday. Seeing as we haven't sold the old one yet this may put a damper

on the train stuff buying for a while, two mortgages and all that!

A more modest acquisition was a couple of Hornby remote uncouplers (R8244) and surface mounted points (R8243). They replaced some static uncouplers which had the habit of uncoupling trains "in flight"! They took a bit of time to adjust the fit, and as

per the instructions I had to sandpaper down the plastic fins that stick up as they were catching on some locos, but otherwise they work just fine, well pleased. I use Railmaster to control them which raises the uncoupler then lowers it again automatically

after a defined number of seconds. They seem to work with all sizes of tension couplers including some old Lima plastic bars and metal hooks.

During the last few week I spent a lot of money on the railway. The Great Goodbye collection[ I only wanted Dominion of Canada and Bittern] [now I have extra loco's that I will sell] Also I have started to upgrade my Stations by buying some skaledale stations

and new Platforms. Skaledale East [super building] North Eastern Stations [2 buildings] [both different]. Then after going to Allay Pally at end of March and coming away have spent a good £300.00 on Great Snipe and Commonweath of Austrial plus the new Blue

box L&y Tank 2-4-2, and finally I bought Butler Henderson in GCR Green.

A load of IC555 timers, DIL sockets some resistors, capacitors, LED's, a voltage regulator rectifier diodes, and a box of mixed transistors this week, building some level crossing light flashing units. Hoping to pick up some cheap Hornby level crossings

and fit the dummy lights with LED's for a future ;layout I'm planning. Bought a lovely boxed early BR livery N2 the other day, 24 more new railroad 0-4-0's and railroad jinites, some brand new bargain blue box Mk1's and 402 1/2 cylinder blocks mostly unused

vintage.

Keeps me busy.

Certainly have PJ, I am always looking for bargains. A friend of the family was clearing his barn. of all places to have model railway bits! He said "do you need any cylinder blocks" so I told him I was always looking for parts. He handed down from his

junk shelves in his storage barn a big dirty dusty old cardboard box, inside all wrapped up and protected were piles of old Tri-ang and 1970's Hornby cylinder blocks, all still in perfect condition perfect, a few are secondhamd but the rest are new old stock.

Cost me £20 and a few pints at his local.

The Mk1's were being cleared from another friends shop as they are running stocks down so five quid a coach trade secured some new blue box mk1's at way less than what the blue box outfit wants for them. The

555 timers were an ebay bargain got a pile of them for five quid.

The son of Triangman said:

Certainly have PJ, I am always looking for bargains. A friend of the family was clearing his barn. of all places to have model railway bits! He said "do you need any cylinder blocks" so I told him I was always looking

for parts. He handed down from his junk shelves in his storage barn a big dirty dusty old cardboard box, inside all wrapped up and protected were piles of old Tri-ang and 1970's Hornby cylinder blocks, all still in perfect condition perfect, a few are secondhamd

but the rest are new old stock. Cost me £20 and a few pints at his local.

The Mk1's were being cleared from another friends shop as they are running stocks down so five quid a coach trade secured some new blue box mk1's at way less than what the blue

box outfit wants for them. The 555 timers were an ebay bargain got a pile of them for five quid.

Parting with £20 was hard but, the pints at the local went down well I bet ;-)

The son of Triangman said:

A load of IC555 timers, DIL sockets some resistors, capacitors, LED's, a voltage regulator rectifier diodes, and a box of mixed transistors this week, building some level crossing light flashing units. Hoping to

pick up some cheap Hornby level crossings and fit the dummy lights with LED's for a future ;layout I'm planning.

FYI unless you like building circuits Heathcote do a crossing light flashing unit with IR or other detector input and servo motor

trigger output for £15.80

My latest acquisition is an SECR 'H' 0-4-4T kit from SE Finecast. I have recently scratch built two of this class using Airfix chassis under a heavily butchered Hornby Dublo R1 body plus loads of plastic card and some whitemetal fittings, but I fancied

having a proper kit too as I shall need about half a dozen for my layout. This will undoubtedly encourage one or other of the RTR manufacturers to make one in the very near future. This has been a dead cert in the past!

I ordered it Thursday and it

arrived Saturday, how is that for service!

These were a good recent buy, thousands of Tri-ang and Hornby wheels some of them quite rare, I'm slowly catalouging, barcoding them and putting them into the database. I've barcoded some of them but heaps to go. Keeps me busy on winter nights when there's

nowt on tv.

These were a cracking find, the bogie wheels Tri-ang/Tri-ang-Hornby Battle of Britains, piles pf em. Most are unused.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/thetriangman/DSCN1028_zpsb8433131.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/thetriangman/DSCN1032_zps1b974d82.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/thetriangman/DSCN1031_zps12892539.jpg

These were a good recent buy, thousands of Tri-ang and Hornby wheels some of them quite rare, I'm slowly catalouging, barcoding them and putting them into the database. I've barcoded some of them but heaps to go. Keeps me busy on winter nights when there's

nowt on tv.

These were a cracking find, the bogie wheels Tri-ang/Tri-ang-Hornby Battle of Britains, piles pf em. Most are unused.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/thetriangman/DSCN1028_zpsb8433131.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/thetriangman/DSCN1032_zps1b974d82.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/thetriangman/DSCN1031_zps12892539.jpg