Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Popped into Monk Bar this morning and bought the new Hornby LMS Horsebox and a Pipe wagon from the other team.

I must admit that I like the horsebox and it is on my next purchase list. I have two BR (WR) Hornby ones and one Wrenn and one HD. Wrenn is SR green and the HD is BR maroon (still have all doors and horse). A friend of mine is a horse fanatic and just for fun a few years ago, I went around the NRM in York and photographed all horse related items. That included the HD/Wrenn style horsebox that sat in the goods hall. She offered me a blanket "from a train" that she had fully washed and had used on her horse. It was absolutely as new and had the markings LNWR. I couldn't take off her as I thought it may have been worth something and told her to find out it's worth.  Do you remember or should I say recollect the old horses used for shunting duties?. A far cry from those carried in railway horseboxes. Hornby have missed a trick here by not currently having some road horseboxes in BR, GWR and LMS liveries, for onward transport to the racecourse.I can feel another purchase coming on.

The Harrington Horsebox was once available from Corgi Trackside in BR livery (I have one). Come on Hornby bring it out again.

Hornby 5972 Olton Hall arrived recently from Hattons. Really pleased with the model and much more accurate than the Hogwarts Castle model from years ago. Expecting K1 62005 to arrive in two weeks after being renumbered and done up to the loco as of 2014 with thanks to Sankey Scenics. Good start to the year with two completely new types of models in the collection.  

Nice model the K1 I keep looking at them thinking should I or shouldn't I.

I have recently bought yet more bits for the black 5's.  Along with two books on the Jubilee class.  another jubilee model and a break tender kit with LMS bogies.

Feeling the need for some 3500 gallon stanier tenders next

Nice model the K1 I keep looking at them thinking should I or shouldn't I.

Go for it fazy.  I got one a few days ago, and it is without doubt, the finest engine I have ever owned. Can't wait to get my Mallaig layout finished and see it operating in earnest.

Followed that up today with a TTS Class 37 - got the last one at Fenwicks in Newcastle.  Need to switch bodies for something more appropriate, but the sound is superb, especially for the price.

Won at the HRCA auction, All Hornby Dublo. Three rail "Duchess of Athol" train set box containing three LMS corridor coaches, a crimson & cream Gresley coach, and a "Duchess of Montrose". Also a 2-6-4T 80033 but with three rail mechanism.

All a little 'playworn' but in acceptable condition for their age, and 100% restorable.

Well this was the latest purchase, I found a source of DCC sockets for my PCB's, previously I've only been able to get hold of single row sockets and had to combine two single rows so these are a real find.

Where did you get them  from SoT and what is their part number.

I have always used the single row version and thus had to mount them on a bit of vero to hold them together and have somewhere to solder wires to.

These could have the feed wires soldered direct to the pins and save valuable loco space in non-DCC ready conversions.

Today I bought R6679 BR (M) horse box. Looking carefully at it when I got home it appears to have condemnation marks on either side at the extreme left hand end! For those unfamiliar with rolling stock markings, BR painted a white St. Andrews cross in a white circle on any vehicle that was condemned to show that it was not to be used again for traffic purposes. So it looks like it will have to be relegated to a siding prior to hauling it off to the scrap yard!!

A good day at York Toy Fair. My purchases included -

A Hornby Dublo "Duchess of Atholl" and a 3 rail L30 Bo-Bo diesel, plus assorted coaches and wagons. Also some more 3 rail track. I have now been able to complete a LMS livery train set in original box.

Some more Triang TT track (type A and B enough now for a couple of layouts) and a few more coaches and wagons. Plus a spare mechanism for myTT  Merchant Navy.

Some Lynton & Barnstaple rolling stock in SR livery (3 coaches and a wagon) in OO9.