Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

My Late BR J50 arrived today, currently running it in after installing the Decoder, and it's making a rather persistant whaling sound, do hope it stops once ran in.

I picked up one of the Balfour Beatty Sentinel's in the sale. And received the P2 & Tornado for Xmas 

My latest buys are Wrenn R1 0 6 0t in Southern Green ( brought one earlier but that one had Hornby Doblo couplings) Wrenn Bo Bo Class 20 in Br Green, two 0 4 0 Steeple cabs one Green and other one maroon, Transcontinental series 2 Diner in the CN Silver and Black livery, and a Santa Fa Budd rail car 

Carriage Day 2.

Walking up Monkgate this morning I was inexorably drawn into the doorway of Monk Bar Models and found myself buying a 2015 Hornby catalogue (the last one??), another Railroad maroon carriage (Mk 1 TSO) , a BR (M) Crimson BG, a Crimson Gresley CL and a tank wagon. I really must learn restraint!!

Carriage Day 2.

Walking up Monkgate this morning I was inexorably drawn into the doorway of Monk Bar Models and found myself buying a 2015 Hornby catalogue (the last one??), another Railroad maroon carriage (Mk 1 TSO) , a BR (M) Crimson BG, a Crimson Gresley CL and a tank wagon. I really must learn restraint!!

Restraint? With trains?  There is no restraint, just lack of money. 

My latest aquisition is another Lima TGV and a gorgeous Roco VT 11,5 (still on its way from Germany) . There is just something about old streamliners. One day I WILL have a Coronation class but the prices are just silly/media/tinymce_upload/bdd59ba766aac81cd9f8c3c666d9d00d.jpg

Western Express ordered 31st October (!!!) finally arrived today on its third trip to the antipodes!!! (Order 7 of 7 4Dec15, also returned by courier to Hornby, still outstanding but all the ones in between have arrived.)

About to add it to the RM loco list and run it in on the rolling road after the second of two R2990XS BR ' Helena Victoria 46208' completes its run. One had the little foam packing pieces in the cab and on top of the front bogie in place and both look wonderful. Thinking about transplanting the sound modules into LMS 4-6-2s but will enjoy them as is for the time being.

Good taste shown there choralc with a princess royal.  😆 

Just ordered Bachmann Mk1 CK1 & a Mk1 BCK. Also won a 4-4-0 Compound needing a front bogie and tender for under £30 I think a high sided tender would be a nice change for that.

Thank you fazy but the wife is the nominal head of the LMS and LNER collection while I nominally control the GWR and SR. 😉

😀Arrived today, R2907 Days of Red and Gold in excellent, nay, near mint condition with print and certificate still inside the original packaging with unopened detailing packs. Have fitted a Hatton's decoder and it's now purring on rolling road to run in.

I was going to transplant one of the R2990XS modules into this but not so sure with the decoder in the "City of Chester' loco body. Have not opened tender to see if there is a provision for speaker. Don't even know if Coronation sounded anything like a Princess Royal. 🤔

/media/tinymce_upload/a2bbfbf5181beb72a4c942f2e9425651.JPG-resized.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/5f3ae37c89c1be628fa841ac01e67d2e.JPG-resized.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/ea8a24479c15d6a7ddc8a4816c8ba33a.JPG-resized.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/3940013336afc6c00e90fa6c59437d71.JPG-resized.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/60fa2c38cd2060971fd066a133216536.JPG-resized.jpg An AirFix GMR cornish riviera express train set

Not a new aquisition as such, but I added another Hornby Dublo Type 1 Bo-Bo to my three rail collection, it was in pieces in my 'to do' box, and the spares from the HRCA members spares service arrived. A new 'super-neo magnet, traction tyres and a pair of three rail plungers converted a two rail clunker into a sprightly three rail loco. I have however put he magnet in the wrong way round, deliberately. I wanted to run it as part of a nose to nose pair, but three rail locos run the the direction they are pointing irrespective of the way round they are on the track. Ideal now for long coal trains.

Don't look too closely they are both numbered D8017!

Good taste shown there choralc with a princess royal.  😆 

Just ordered Bachmann Mk1 CK1 & a Mk1 BCK. Also won a 4-4-0 Compound needing a front bogie and tender for under £30 I think a high sided tender would be a nice change for that.

Hi Fazy

You mentioned a high sided tender for your 'new' compound. I guess you're aware of 40936, which ran with a high sided from 1933-1954. It was a modified standard Fowler tender , high sided and turned over top-edge, used as an experimental unit prior to the introduction of the proper Stanier design. A quick glance and you'd think it was a Stanier. 

Hornby club membership.

Valve gear for an old Margate built 8F, and some 1/4 inch 6BA countersunk bolts - as I couldny get genuine Hornby body screws. I just hope they are the correct length, 3/8 inche are just a little too long.

/media/tinymce_upload/b8820d643eaa5e49d49c0283f48f328e.jpg-resized.jpg

Hi all

Not Hornby but Egger Bahn

For those that don't know Egger Bahn was around in the 1960's they went down the gurgler like many companies did, around about the same time as Triang I think.

One of these for a small narrow gauge line that will feed into my Hornby line thats the passenger service taken care of when I can afford another one.

regards John