Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Hornby Magazine (August 2016) have done a review of the Adams, and they say that it was worth the wait, despite being some £20 more expensive - they felt the Hornby version was "more refined with an air of delicacy". However they do say both models are fantastic - they reveiwed the Oxford version a month or two ago and said it was a first class model. Remember Hornby Magazine is not a Hornby publication so they are not biased. They end up by saying the choice is yours and that both models are superb.

Thanks for the input, BB. Hopefully I will see them side by side. (I doubt if I am "refined" enough for the Hornby however 🤔 )

A set of King George V plates from Fox. I can now rename/number my spare King George II. The nice thing is the lower part of the backing board is green and they will supply lining transfers. However, I will need to do a littl work to get them on the loco and the lining will be very fiddly - the whole job would be so much easier if someone made waterslide plates to stick over the originals though.

I've also just put a garter coat of arms on the tender (well a spare) so I'm in two minds about fitting a bell - If I do not, does anyone know where I can get a Westinghouse pump these days and possibly 1:76th scale Britania.

Just bought of eBay. A 7mm stanier tender in need of a bit of TLC.( lower body castings and sub chassis all available from else were) Which will go to finish off my PDH Princess Coronation!  Wheels motor gearbox next and I can make a start !.

They'll be in that safe place you put them in poliss. I bought a set of router bits a few weeks ago because I couldn't find the ones I'd put somewhere. I thought 'I know I'll put the new set somewhere where I'll remember where they are' so I did and that's where I found the ones I'd lost. 

Box of bits from Peters Spares, including Class 37 non tyred wheelsets to improve pickup, 100 ohm speakers for some ESU 3.5 sound decoders I have, detailing parts for Class 90 roof, 21 pin decoder socket and a spare plug for my ESU decoder test rig.

Eight Hornby SR non-corridor carriages arrived today. I have four in green and four in crimson (one of each) and the applied livery is excellent. They are amazing, detail is incredible, and they run very smoothly.

What really DID impress me was Hornby's delivery method. First an email to tell me they were at the warehouse, and that they would be despatched shortly and I would be given a one hour delivery target. Then another email the following day to say the delivery would arrive within a pre-advised hour. And they did, exactly as promised! The packaging was excellent as well. Strongly packed into two boxes with heavy paper padding, easy to open and  yet obviously secure and the contents perfectly protected.

Eight Hornby SR non-corridor carriages arrived today. I have four in green and four in crimson (one of each) and the applied livery is excellent. They are amazing, detail is incredible, and they run very smoothly.

What really DID impress me was Hornby's delivery method. First an email to tell me they were at the warehouse, and that they would be despatched shortly and I would be given a one hour delivery target. Then another email the following day to say the delivery would arrive within a pre-advised hour. And they did, exactly as promised! The packaging was excellent as well. Strongly packed into two boxes with heavy paper padding, easy to open and  yet obviously secure and the contents perfectly protected.

Good to hear that, LC.  I think we should all give Hornby as much support as possible to help restore their fortunes.  Good publicity (and buying stuff !) will help them along. And in the long run, benefit us also. Regards, Jimbo.

Called into Monk Bar models this morning and they had a Bachmann SECR C 0-6-0 for £80. Couldn't resist it! Only went in for a track rubber!

While I was there I also was tempted by an LNER cattle van from Oxford and two Shell/BP anchor mounted tank wagons too.

Email from Hornby today that the SR brakevan will be arriving soon.

Exciting times!