Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

NLOB, thanks for the confirmation of 'the delay' - should arrive just before my birthday in March then - good timing!!

I'm not going further than the 7x A4's I now have!!  4 more than I anticipated!

I've 2x recent Coronations - 6220 and 6225.

2x rebuilt / non-streamlined as well - Duchess / Coronations were always a favourite - biased by Bressingham and seeing Royal Scot and Duchess of Sutherland on this little stretch of railway track in the trees perhaps 45 years ago!!

6229 will simply complement these ... running out of shelf space and MUST calm my enthusiasm !!

Al.

I mentioned an 'order' of a locomotive.

I did also make a purchase this morning - very famous locomotive in a livery it wore for a few years just recently, but never wore in it's current format pre-nationalisation.

Can't wait - couple of days I suppose, then I'll hopefully post pictures - said to be 'as new, never out of packaging'.

Al.

R3336 has arrived - it really was as described - never out of packaging.

I suspect it may have been built 'during that time' when the build quality was not it's best, as the RHS wind / smoke deflector window was loose in the box - initially replaced, now glued more permanently.

/media/tinymce_upload/d42ad4b347dd8bd02e11bac2573a3c6d.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/c32194e00910e408650127acf7c274c9.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/21d2cb197bb71e4b57c78eba5489312c.jpg

Lovely looking locomotive.

I prefer this paint scheme to the BR one, but agree, its not 'correct' in LNER livery with this configuration.

Still, it looks great!!

Al.

Hi Al - I have one of the those (FS) when it was R2441 and was the Hornby NRM model - they produced one every year. Tony Wright in one of the monthly mags., described it as the best model he'd ever seen. This was the 2005 NRM model - and mine has never "ever" been out of its box. BB

PS. Back on track - the new Brighton Belle Coach Pack arrived yesterday.

I think you're right, but it's very solidly in it's slightly drooping position - I'd have to break it off and re-glue!

LHS is indeed parallel.

I think it was assembled with the 'glue still wet' and possibly the 'ice cube' moulding might have pushed it down.

I think it can be adjusted ....

Al.

I think I must be going backwards in time.   Just bought 10 x Wide couplings to fit NEM pockets to convert my remaining few narrow couplings.

Also, recent spending has all been on analog items  (though I really must go along to my local dealer and take 2 non-running and expensive DCC locos in for repair ! -- been putting it off for some weeks now. ☹️ ).

That FS is superb looking, but I was a little wary when received as stated, the RHS cab wind deflector window was loose - not a seller issue, a manufacturer one. I could slot it into the 3 holes with the 3 pegs, and it would fall out again!

When I hold it I noticed the cab 'creaks' and I can actually partially move the cab and the boiler doesn't.

I think some 'judicious gluing' is going to be necessary during the lifetime of this locomotive!!

I've had Hornby locos newer than this, and older than this with little / no problems like this - it's a production line QC issue I reckon.

Doesn't deter from the model, and all observed I can easily rectify.

Al.

The cab is probably meant to be separate from the boiler. 

Perhaps.

It's doubtless a separate moulding, but I'd have thought it should have not just clipped onto the boiler, but be more-permanently glued onto it as well when manufactured.

I'm 'watching this space' with this locomotive - might be wrong but a few little bells are ringing at the moment!!

Al.

FS R3336 smoke deflector now most definitely straight!

Cylinder draincocks and vacuum pipes fitted.

Locomotive fully lubricated ready for light running - initially.

Some weight added - to locomotive and tender.

Stood alongside the Bachmann Peppercorn A1-clone which is Tornado, it looks almost delicate and small - quite a surprise.

Both look superb.

Al.

Hi Atom 3624, We seem to have the same major interests, I too like the Streamline Coronations & A4s.The Hornby site is stating February next year so would expect that to be the right date.Could be a good subject for next photo shoot,not many Stramlined compared to A4s.Last count I think Ramsey lists nearly 120 models.

Hornby have confirmed that there are no new photos of the product yet, and indeed February is the latest reveal / delivery date .... I'm a very impatient (older) man these days .... is this therapeutic, or torture? !!

Al.