Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Derek

Terry is a good first point of contact. His phone shows on the ‘advert’ and he is active on this forum.

Also forum member pgcroc is at Kings Mall area of Paphos.

I have their email contacts.

Rob

Apologies if we have sidetracked the thread with our Johnie foreigner chat.

Thanks WTD!!

One slight disappointment is that the Lion, superb as it is, had no detail kit.

I'm guessing there are etched plates to go over the transfer?

I've obviously got couplings from the others I can use - only intend coupling up one end, once sorted and the locomotive arrived with all pipes connected, so would only be some spares.

All general parts are available from Howes.

Don't know which is my favourite, to be honest.

Years ago (40, when still a teenager!!), I had a 4mm scale drawings Ian Allen book, and was fascinated by all 3, particularly Kestrel, for it's power and speed ...

I like Lion for its totally ludicrous selection of livery - white, on a loco? !!

Great minds indeed - definitely great locomotives and if they're half as good as my Westerns, 33's and Hymek, they'll be as fantastic in operation as they are to look at!!

Al.

Hello,I've taken a few photo's,but they need to be checked before they will appear,I guess.

I've purchased a Thomas 75 ton breakdown crane,still sealed inside its box,also,a Tri ang jinty,one of a very few made in the old Richmond factory,with British railways in writing on the tank sides and a 2-6-2 tank loco,also made in Richmond,both boxed.

hopefully the pictures will follow soon.

I weighed the Heljan prototype locomotives I recently purchased - Lion, Falcon and Kestrel are all around 580 - 590 g - that's pretty decent, 'though lighter than the Hornby Class 50.

The Bachmann Class 47 I have weighs in at ~530g.

To ensure the Kestrel will perform 'appropriately', I added a little lead - so it now weighs in at 630g!!

I know Heljan motors are 'quite healthy' so a little more weight won't harm it, and now if it ever did find a few 'traction issues', it'll be closer to an equivalent of the 100,000 lbf maximum tractive effort of the original - which is pretty phenomenal!!

Al.

Problems?

How do I put it ... 

NONE ... but I want less!!

Kestrel was an absolute BEAST, and if possible should be the most powerful ... a 'little edge' on nearly everything would be great.

I suppose if things were prototypical, the Hornby Class 50 shouldn't be that heavy as it's tractive effort achievements weren't great .. just consistent, and pretty fast!!