Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I've had it for a week as well - the Jubilee.

Kolhapur has been detailed for a week now - I decided to fit the extra windows, as well as the obligatory engine crew.

WtD, I've brought out my Evening Star - Bachmann - out of reference to it having been her 60th birthday today - 4 days after my own as it happens!!

That distance between the locomotive and tender isn't far off the close coupled distance anyway.

Just looked back, and back, and back ... turns out the Class 58 photos were finally posted ... on page 421!!!

They did get there after all - excellent locomotive model.

Al.

It's an absolute beauty!!

So much so I've been trying to get one for 2 years - pricing has been ridiculous on the Jubilees and particularly this one.

The only thing wrong was the missing handrail on the tender - a 'spare' A4 tender kindly donated a handrail which I managed to trim to just too long without realising, which permitted the tension I required.

The 'problem' with the smokebox is they could have done something with the tubes and blastpipe - might see if I can do something there!!

It's all just a plain moulding.

Al.

This was purchased a couple of years ago, but through the physical dimensions limiting access to the living room, and viewing of the TV, it ended up in the garage.

Circumstances having changed, entire family on top of each other, and moderately reasonable weather for a week, the time had come to remove it from the garage and assemble ... amazingly I haven't even had to change the batteries in the 2 locomotives - yet!

Not a problem, that's one thing I have quite a lot of!!

Al.

Fantastic sketch Friendly Flyer - very talented.

I've just taken delivery of an n gauge Kato Alpine Express - held up in Customs for an eternity!!  It's going to form the basis of this year's Christmas tree layout - taking a break from the Hornby Santa Express layout for a change.