Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

My latest buy is 4 Transcontinental series two bright silver Canadian National Livery, two are good, two have had their interiors messed with, Diner had a short pullman interior put in the passinger car had a short blue passinger interior put in place of the correct one.  Also brought 2 CN Black bogie tankers and a CN caboose, which has been modified with working battery operated lights.

My layout plan has four loco depots Gordon, it is an adaptation of an old Hornby plan.  The main shed is a six road shed plus two storage roads, each road has a water crane, main station platform ends also have water cranes as well and the smaller 4 road shed has cranes for each road, the two small sub sheds have a crane each, the freight quarry branch has one as had the good route and then theres the top level super 4 layout, there are six water towers in the design. It soon adds up.  Here's the original plan, plan 17 from the 4th edition track plans book.  I have done away with the first radius curves abd return loops, the up and over section is an entrance and exit to an overhead super 4 double track route and a branch line.

/media/tinymce_upload/04f76c990f56f3e461fc66983b0814ee.JPG

@Twintop,

"If the Mk 1s you describe were from the my model railway magazine the truss rods that run up the middle of the chassis will be a solid Trapezum rater than a series of bars.

Looks like these are the ones - look very good to me for £4.95 each. "

A Triang Blue Midland Pullman with lighting and accompanying dummy loco. Runs nicely. Now looking for a couple of the blue coaches but they seem scarce sold without the loco. Maybe a job lot for spares and repairs is the answer./media/tinymce_upload/df1e55d20226a8c9a728de0178de5bc8.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/2d441d6e26c2755f9d5dbdcf0d0861ba.JPG

Also a couple of low-relief buildings with figures already installed, which I have fitted with lights. (If you study the building next to the Duke of York you will see how someone clearly had a sense of humour !).

I have the buffer stop, it's in bits at the moment as one of the buffers had welded itself to the plastic inside due to corrosion of the brass. I will put it back together next weekend.

Another good question raised, why won't it fit modern track, well the cream/dark cream based r.394's were made for Super 4 track which has a higher rail profile, it would simply drop off modern track as the track would be too low. The buffer stop was modified to fit the then new system 6 track in the early 1970's and have a grey base. Hornby still make it today but for some strange reason put the base on the wrong way round!