Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

My two most recent puchases are, to join my collection of 'Hornby Year Wagons' which I hope to complete the set eventually, which Hornby started releasing yearly, back in 1992. These are the following:

X1 Hornby Railways R.6046 Hornby 1998 Wagon - Curtain Sided Van

X1 Hornby R6323 Hornby 2006 Wagon - 8 Plank End Tipping Open Wagon

Both are used, undamaged, complete and boxed! Neither wagons were overpriced either, so I am happy.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

I have 3 engines on pre-order and I am intrigued which I will get first, 

• Hornby - air smothed Merchant Navy - Aberdeen Commonwealth
  • KR Models GT3 with DCC suund 
  • Dapol/Rals SECR d class as preserved by the NRM

I am intrgued because this list is in the order I purchased them.  I am surprised that the Hornby loco is taking so long where the GT3 is made by somebody in Canada in their workshop, and the D Class will be made in the UK (mostly) 

so to miss quote @AugustusCeasar on this forum where is my Merchant Navy?

Some more of my recent buys, R6933 & R6934, both Coco-Cola wagons.They go with my Christmas Cooc-Cola set. Strange, bought those from a model shop, and they are for sale on Ebay, but not for sale on Hornby site.They are not shown as new arrivals, but as coming soon.

/media/tinymce_upload/1024c737ac979a58fe24a44e0dbb93b1.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/17d4896343a3cee81d0d01aa2b627b41.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/a3a4cc5c33723c155f833e2cb78f943b.JPG

Great purchase, new lad on block.  😀

Looks like you bought two of each? I have one of each of the Hornby Coca-Cola LWB Box Van and Tank Wagon on pre-order, but they have not arrived yet.

I find it amusing how the Hornby Coca-Cola products, all state on the boxes "FOR ADULT COLLECTORS", when the locootive and the wagons toolings and basis, are all from the Hornby RailRoad range, which is for everyone of all ages. All I csn think the reason for that wording, is because they are Coca-Cola branded products?  

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

New kid on the block - literally.

Hattons' Class 66 418 Patriot - all 742g of it!!

Extremely smooth, powerful and quiet - not silent as has been implied in a 'Review' but it is very quiet.

Reminds me of the Class 60 I have, which is one of Hornby's finest, except with yet more detail!!

/media/tinymce_upload/4215f7c76595e3d60731c34c2a6ecf3c.jpg

Al.

Four  new arrivals from Widnes yesterday, a Hornby 2Hil EMU . and three Hornby SR (ex LSWR) guards vans. Lovely models However I am having difficulty reading the route restriction inscription on the two BR liveried versions of the guards vans , any ideas what is is supposed to say? 

RE: LSWR brake vans inscription...

It wouldn't be the "Not to work between Tonbridge and Hastings" (or similar) inscription carried by stock too wide to pass through the infamous narrow tunnels on this route?

Now I've had a look..at a photo...

Yes, it is.

NOT TO WORK BETWEEN

TONBRIDGE AND WEST ST. LEONARDS

VIA BATTLE

The Southern Railway version has the same inscription, but it's clearer than the BR version, as it is not in italic script.

R3750 Belmond British Pullman, Class 67 and 3 Pullman coach pack, collected from the post office today (Sunday). Really nice, This one was from the Hornby agent in the North West as was my Northern Belle that arrives last week. Christmas has been expensive in more ways than one !

Just been to the Bolton Toy and Model fair and got most of a Tri-ang class 31 power bogie which included all the parts I needed to complete another, the Hornby green continental Bulldog loco, a badly painted dock shunter (purely for parts) and a very early Tri-ang Transcontinental B unit (no cabs). The B unit and the locos were £10 each so i didn't even haggle. I originally wasn't going to go but now I'm glad I did. 

One stall had a complete plunger Princess with the tender with the original type coupling for £10. i was tempted but I already have two working examples and recently sold off two others so it's a no no no. I really have to stop buying stuff I already have or don't need just because it's cheap!  😆

RT,

I fully understand and sympathise, I do very much the same.

I go to the Gateshead Stadium toy fair where I meet a couple of old friends (well thats my excuse!) and go to the York Knavesmire toy fair for the same reason, different friends!  The trouble is I see, I like, I buy!  At Gateshead earlier this month there was an unboxed Hornby Dublo 'Crepello' marked up as £28 but would accept £25, needs a service but otherwise in good nick . I don't have a HD Deltic so, hey ho for £25 its a bargain.  Get it home and on the rolling road and it runs like a dream! A drop of oil on the motor bearings and the axle bearings, job done! Even better bargain.

Now if I could get a 3 rail 'Pinza' for the same price? I can dream of course.