Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Acquired a second hand Bachmann 04 Shunter in BR weathered (Early Emblem) Black. I wanted a loco like this for the layout, so when I saw it on the stand at my local model shop, especially at the asking price, I just had to have it. A nice little runner that I thought would be a great addition to my layout. How can you not love an 04 diesel shunter?

/media/tinymce_upload/40f9232f27114b1306322b03dce538a7.jpg

Crikey, that is a cracker, Jim, will look very impressive.  I keep wondering if I should by the ROD loco, it won’t go with my ‘Lord Rodney’, but at my advanced years I wonder whether I should worry about that lol.  

The Beyer Garrett is imposing, but so many small (even minuscule!) parts, that I have had to put the bits that fell off when first unpacking the loco in the ‘accessories’ bag, there is no way my shaking hands can reinstate them!

Rod

HI M-R

Great to see you are slowly rejoining the mad house

What a great set, I have the same set which I brought many years a go (late teens early 20's) from what was my local toy shop in Langley Berks  it cost my £75 pounds, still have the price tag on it though my box is slightly more battered.-Contents used once.then put back in box, never came out since.

Great to hear from you again MR.

Great looking set too.

The Lord of the Isles and Clerestory carriages were undoubtedly a very couragous project by Tri-ang I suspect made feasable in those days by Magnadhesion. A terrific break with the tradition of only making model trains in the contemporary liveries of the current scene. And I understand it was extremely popular.  It opened the way for the Caledonian 123 and the Rocket which were both remarkable introductions.

It is also great to see Hornby has chosen to revive the Rocket this year, I wonder if they will seek to bring back the other two singles in future but with diecast metal bodies to add adhesive weight?

I've just 'won' a late-specification Hornby 08 shunter - used, but should be nice.

Hornby really upped their game with the 08, to match / potentially better the Bachmann one - I think it may have opening doors as well!!  This is one model you could actually put the drive 'apart-/half-in' and run it!!

Al.

Just received - fast delivery from somebody - well done!!

Hornby 08 shunter - super detail version. Fair price. Bit dusty (for me!!).

/media/tinymce_upload/cba910ca259f65687a44edad1b292eb1.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/f2f49f936201cd234717552ac7461b41.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/89418253396833869565cb4ec481e865.jpg

It's actually DCC, so I'll have to remove the lid - normally do for a little grease and oil anyway - and blank off. DCC ready which is excellent news!!

Al.