Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

There are several options - Hattons Original from Dapol, Dapol themselves, but this one's Bachmann.

There were others as well - Silver Fox did a body / bogie sides conversion kit.

I've often wanted one of these (OK we know they often - not always - operated in pairs) and even remember it being one of the pictures in an old encyclopaedia set my parents had all of those years ago ...

Some nice 'period styling touches' as well.

The Ivatt Diesel Recreation Society are in the process of using an old Class 58 chassis as a foundation to recreate 10000 - the original 2 locomotives were cut up unceremoniously by BR during the 1960's unfortunately.

Diesel motor was a 1600 hp 16 cylinder motor by English Electric used as a basis for those latterly used in the Class 40 (2000 hp) and 50 (2700 hp), so a very historic locomotive.

Al.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an absolute gem - blue Class 44, Weathered.

Best weathering I've seen - I don't have to do a thing I reckon.

/media/tinymce_upload/03a81c7d1bf7c43c4d207a5f5c12d038.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/2a9604a9d3f80178aa058e7a01817bbe.jpg

Brief 9V battery test is fine - directional lights OK as well.

Just need to lube up and give a little run when I get it home.

No etched nameplates ... yet!

Al.

Well, I got the Peak home, opened her up, gave a little oil all over where able, wiped off visible excess and ...

WOW!!

This is one of those 'if you haven't got one, make an excuse to get one' locomotives - it is absolutely superb!!

What a supremely smooth runner. Great going very slowly, quiet, and can spool up to some very UNprotottypical speeds - faster than I'm used to with big Bachmann diesels, whilst remaining silky smooth and relatively quiet - fantastic locomotive!!

Directional lighting - works perfectly.

Al.

3 Black 5's.  One Loco Driven, the other 2 Tender driven, but one has been converted to a 'Can motor'.  All of them run like a dream.

That makes 4 Black 5's in my collection, just love them.!!

Also, Class 2P, Loco. BR 4-4-0.  That runs as smooth as silk.

Due tomorrow...

2 x 8-gang DC relay boards for my DC/DCC points system and 20 x IR sensor boards for my tail chasing signal lamps system, design TBD when I have looked at some 555 ic circuits to set a delay between red  and green, etc.

My SSR AC relay board is still on the boat from China and have to be bench checked to see it will work with solenoid points and a CDU and DCC.

R4716    BR Mk1 Corridor Brake 2nd – M34672 (With lights)  - I've been after this for a while. I bought R4714 and R4715 sometime ago. Someone told me that Olivia's Trains had one in stock - which they did - so purchase made. I will now have a rake of three. 

Hi BB

Well done

Hi PP

All three were on ebay in separate auctions. Two of the three nobody bid on, and I couldn't be bothered to get into a bidding war with the third one. So got the two, but later realised the third one was now difficult to get hold of. Luckily someone searched a bit harder than I had done, and found the missing one. BB

Just added to my 'BR Rail Blue' collection.

Very nice Bachmann class 47.

Brings back memories of my commute between Liverpool Lime St and Manchester Victoria when occasionally I'd catch a Trans-Pennine instead of those pesky, noisy, rattly railbuses!

Couple of photos are pending authorisation since yesterday morning.

Al.

OK, one for collectors. Just bought Stephensons Rocket, Limited edition, factory plated wheel tyres, with smoke, and 3 coaches. Not got it yet. Its marked X413. Anyone know owt about it. There is one on ebay, for £480, but came by mine in france from private owner, for just over a third of that. Guy was selling off collection. All boxed as new, crew in un opened bag.

Some of these for breadboarding. I have been trying to get various relay modules to work with R8247 PAD and solenoid motors and connecting all the bits together was becoming a struggle.

Male to Male

Male to Female

Female to Female.

Hopefully every combination I shall ever need.

/media/tinymce_upload/43868fb7534f8c76278d5b20fa4ab883.JPG