Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I have an old Lima Class 87 that I bought as a kid in 1985 when busted the UK in that year. Bought it at Pecorama.

i also have so old Class 60. So I am looking fwd to checking out these new models.

the Class 87 may very well be my favorite locomotive class either inside or outside the UK. Not too concerned about fitting a DCC chip at the moment as most of my stuff is DC.

I have an old Lima Class 87 that I bought as a kid in 1985 when we visited the UK in that year. Bought it at Pecorama.

i also have old Class 60. So I am looking fwd to checking out these new models.

the Class 87 may very well be my favorite locomotive class either inside or outside the UK. Not too concerned about fitting a DCC chip at the moment as most of my stuff is DC.

Just received 3x 100-tonne Bachmann bogie 'TEA' oil / fuel wagons. Total now a reasonable 16.

These are very free-running, and my Hornby 08 can haul all 16 without issue!

It looks very cruel ... but good fun.

Deltic arriving tomorrow - KOYLI Rails / Locomotion issue - can't wait.

Chassis made of depleted Uranium, or apparently feels like it!

Al.

Just picked this up for substantially less than many 0-6-0 locos are going for nowadays, I had been after one for several decades. I have a few black ones both early cellulose acetate models and the later version and this is probably my favourite loco from the Transcontinental series. The only question I have is why red? the prototypes I have seen were black or green.

Still, I think it was cheap because it was sold as a non-runner. Very quick fix, the problem was some corrosion on the brush spring that I fixed with my thumb nail. I don’t think it’s actually ever been run, the wheels have no sign of having been on the track and the motor and brushes look brand new. Someone had put some smoke fluid in the generator at some point as it’s working fine, I usually disconnect them but haven’t decided with this one yet.

I think this version of the loco was only made for one or two years at the most, the Tri-ang Hornby book of Trains says it was introduced in 1961 and withdrawn in 1962.

I have ordered some replacement transfers for the sides of the tanks but very happy with this purchase.

forum_image_62bcb741ba31a.thumb.png.a2b37b40b4b421ff4c1ec92281c4c286.png

It seems superb, and weighs quite a lot too!!

It does seem to have 'a few bits' falling off in transit, so wondering how mine will be.

One curious thing is that it has the correct bogie chains, but these are glued into place - to remove the body they literally have to be broken off.

I would have preferred something like a small spring clip to hold them in place.

Al.

Model has arrived, and what a beauty!!

Bits missing / fallen? Only one chain.

Apparently, they are glued to the body, but the other end has a friction-fit pin into the bogie sideframe - so a little more practical than I had first thought.

Al.

I have a Deltic on order. Seems as though AS are having shipping overseas orders due to customs.

On a more positive note my Hornby Clasd 87 from Hattons arrived and looks smashing. I also received my Hornby Class 60 today. Great looking machine, however the packaging was sloppy and some bits were broken or floating in the box. Was really surprised as TMC are usually great when packing. I called them and told them what happened. They were great, however as I am overseas I will repair it myself.

Just arrived from America, R801 Old Time Coach, Green Pullman Livery, running number 257. Production run of 5000 units in 1967. All coaches were sent to North America, hence were not sold in the UK.Comes in as new, unrun condition, in correct ATT box. Seldom seen for sale in UK, a very rare item. I now have all 5 versions of the Old Time Coach.

forum_image_62c56b30464bb.thumb.png.5cf2c7d328863095555dd58e1927438e.pngforum_image_62c56b3b1e3d1.thumb.png.25e492abeaf9778dfb1d0a43ccdb2528.png

• 3 weeks later...

Bargain then!! Well done.

I've finally got hold of a blue Tornado - much prefer the Bachmann ones - just look better and performance is 'adequate'.

I'd missed a few opportunities over the years, so grabbed an unboxed one in excellent condition before they become 'invisible'. Detail pack ordered from Bachmann - located and sent without problem.

Al.

One of the advantages of being a member of the Hornby Collector Club - cost less than £100 - the same thing elsewhere £260.00

forum_image_62dbbf9631899.thumb.png.e234685b073d18b58048f4ac729d2dd2.png

I've thought about getting one of those and having a crack at air brushing, but the hobby is already costing a fortune.

The Accurascale 55 is a fantastic and super realistic, super heavy, powerful, smooth and fast model, but .... needs well laid track, or you'll find it departing so take care.

I'm certain you've read the stories 'on the other channel', and it's a great model.

Mine resides in a siding unless I'm able to stay alongside the track.

Al.

My Accurascale 55 does actually go round my track ok, it does derail on one set of points but they have always been problematic and I can bypass them on the other parallel track. I wouldn't have said my track is that good, but it does have large seeping radii and Peco medium radius points. It does sound good, yes I bought the sound one as the package wasn't much more than a new Hornby class 87 without the sound.