Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

lovely Hornby OO gauge 'Brighton Belle' 1960 2-car set, in cracking condition, a model I've been after since Wrenn introduce their set in the 1970s/1980s.  With a mortgage and 2 young children I couldn't justify spending the £100 at that time.  Almost 45 years later those 2 young daughters bought me the above for my birthday, and the set arrived today.  Absolutely delighted.  Now to sourcing some centre coaches/carriages? to complement it

42 minutes ago, Bulver said:

lovely Hornby OO gauge 'Brighton Belle' 1960 2-car set, in cracking condition, a model I've been after since Wrenn introduce their set in the 1970s/1980s.  With a mortgage and 2 young children I couldn't justify spending the £100 at that time.  Almost 45 years later those 2 young daughters bought me the above for my birthday, and the set arrived today.  Absolutely delighted.  Now to sourcing some centre coaches/carriages? to complement it

Hi Bulver - Snap!! Mine also arrived today - but mine is the R3606 (1967) - I bought the R4871 Coach Pack back in 2018, but for some reason did not buy the driving cars, and with this particular model the R4871 Coach Pack has to be used. I have been after this "pack" for sometime, and this one came up on eBay as "never used and never been out of the box" - and it looks like it. You are probably aware that the Coach Pack for your model is R4582, but you could use the 1934 model (R2987X - DCC Fitted) coaches which were R4512, R4513 and R4514 - they came individually, not as a pack. I now have all three sets - this is the "collector" in me😟

IMG_1724.jpg

Edited by Bulleidboy

Hello

Just received Hornby R3384TTS BR Late King Class 'King George 1' 6006, quite like the Loco, but need advice, it came without chimney (which I was aware before I bought). I can get the double chimney from ebay but only in black, what I need from fellow modeller is colour code to paint the half chimney, please see pictures below:

WhatsAppImage2024-07-20at18_14.11(1).thumb.jpeg.c373ac9822ddcaee21d641a436f598fe.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-07-20at18_14.11(2).thumb.jpeg.0c2666799dd255943772d05d879a36a0.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-07-20at18_14.11(3).thumb.jpeg.5910e9ed705197c5cc9a6816717de0f9.jpeg

I've just spent 30' browsing various sites - P&D Marsh, Wizard Models, etc ...

Not certain if the Castle double chimney is taller than the King.

Take a look at Peters Spares - could email him for ideas as well, he's very helpful.

Al.

• Thanks 1

All I can say is R3983 2007 PoW !!

Oops!!

Said to be brand new, just lifted out to check and test, but considering the price was £55 less than the typical sale prices, if she arrives as good as the photos, this is a relative bargain!

Al.

Strictly speaking I should not be buying any more locos, and I certainly have enough, but the lovely colour just appealed, I was going to wait for the new release, but when this came up S/H described "as new" I couldn't resist, and TBH "Duchess Of Gloucester" is much nicer sounding than "City Of Lancaster"  She is the 2017 release version, R3682.

prncs.thumb.jpg.761360f3adfff52aa8a9267b2546ceb3.jpg

• Like 1

😄  👍

Love that loco !!

I'll have photos tomorrow when I open up the package I should have received at the offices today - work from home day for me today - of 2007 PoW !

I've just been on Fox's Transfers website to order a set of etched plates.  The ones provided by Hornby look OK, but appear to be painted plastic - not good enough for a high value locomotive like this.

Al.

2007 Prince of Wales has arrived!!

R3983 - no smoke.

All is 100% perfect as manufactured - 'coal' doesn't seem to want to sit properly in the tender - fettling will sort that out.

16-wheel pick-up confirmed with a 9V battery, without any adjustments needed - nearly a first!!

Can't wait to get her hammering along the rails - unfortunately before the 'real one'.

Al.

R3983 - 2007 PoW - arrived (opened 240724) - small.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

2007 Prince of Wales has arrived!!

R3983 - no smoke.

All is 100% perfect as manufactured - 'coal' doesn't seem to want to sit properly in the tender - fettling will sort that out.

16-wheel pick-up confirmed with a 9V battery, without any adjustments needed - nearly a first!!

Can't wait to get her hammering along the rails - unfortunately before the 'real one'.

Al.

R3983 - 2007 PoW - arrived (opened 240724) - small.jpg

I also have this and I still haven't even open the box yet, will do soon as I do like P2 very much.

• Like 1

I should get past SWMBO without incident, and then she's straight into a cradle and I'll power-up to ~40% forwards, then backwards, then ~40-50% on the rails forwards / backwards // turnaround // forwards / backwards  ... then it's time to start hauling after a little dab of oil, cooldown, etc.

Detailing - might leave until the weekend, but there's nothing special on TV lately - Olympics just about to start, so I'll get it done before that takes over my life momentarily!

Al.

On 17/07/2024 at 17:24, Bulleidboy said:

Hi Bulver - Snap!! Mine also arrived today - but mine is the R3606 (1967) - I bought the R4871 Coach Pack back in 2018, but for some reason did not buy the driving cars, and with this particular model the R4871 Coach Pack has to be used. I have been after this "pack" for sometime, and this one came up on eBay as "never used and never been out of the box" - and it looks like it. You are probably aware that the Coach Pack for your model is R4582, but you could use the 1934 model (R2987X - DCC Fitted) coaches which were R4512, R4513 and R4514 - they came individually, not as a pack. I now have all three sets - this is the "collector" in me😟

IMG_1724.jpg

Thanks, BB, sorry haven't responded sooner, but when I tried to run the 'Belle' on DC, nothing doing. Contacted the vendor to advise him, he didn't even seem to know what I was talking about.. So, in desperation, I tried a 1st  generation Dynamis DCC system which hadn't been used for ages, and lo, the carriage lights worked, but no clue as to the pin to try anything else.  Also, the Dynamis doesn't allow interrogation of the chip as far as I can remember, so stymied. Got out my Powercab, sourced a power pack for this, which arrived today, and bingo, sorted out the running number.  Runs well..  Thanks for info on the 3 car packs, I am looking at those, but, blimey, they are expensive.  Will, no doubt, bite the bullet eventually, it is such a great set

regards

Rod