Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

At Gateshead Toy Fair today -

Three Hornby 'Thompson' non-corridors, more carriages for the football special.

Hornby BR/LMS 20t Brake Van

Bachmann Rebuilt Patriot 4-6-0 (from the Triang-man stall !)

seven Tri-ang TT wagons

five Tri-ang TT carriages

a cuddly Gromett (for grand-daughter)

two diecast cars (for grand sons)

So, am I right in saying you have 3 grandchildren then, LC? I got O level Maths, you see. I have 5 but the missus always buys their Christmas presents. I must hurry, I haven't bought anything for myself yet. Last month's purchase of a £300 steam loco with all the bells, whistles and more doesn't count.

So, am I right in saying you have 3 grandchildren then, LC? I got O level Maths, you see. I have 5 but the missus always buys their Christmas presents. I must hurry, I haven't bought anything for myself yet. Last month's purchase of a £300 steam loco with all the bells, whistles and more doesn't count.

I actually have seven grand-kids (at last count). I already had a couple of books about Lego for the eldest boy (son of my youngest son) , so the cuddly Grommett is for his little sister, our youngest grand-child. The cars are for youngest two of the three boys belonging to my eldest boy, but I still need to get something for his eldest , and maybe look at York Toy Fair tomorrow, for something for his train-set. My eldest grand daughters by my eldest daughter are grown up, so don't get toys.

A good day at the York Toy Fair.

Another Thompson non-corridor brake, and a long ER parcels van.

A LMS brake van in BR livery and a LBSCR brake van in SR livery.

Another rebuilt 'Patriot' this time a Mainline one.

Some more Triang TT stock including a A1A-A1A Brush type 2

A Corgi LCC type B tram in London Transport 'Last tram week' livery.

And a Railroad Freightliner flat for my grandson.

Oh dear, LC&DR has been tempted again. Having gone in to the local model shop this morning to pre-order some SECR  'Birdcage' coaches in BR Crimson (I do NOT want to miss these), I saw that they still had a SECR 'C' class in BRc livery.  As this is no longer listed in their catalogue I felt that I could not let the moment pass, so out came the credit card. Please do not let SWMBO know!

Kick her out, Bulver! Or is she a good cook?

Not blooming likely!  She looks after me too well.  And I do most of the cooking........  Seriously though, I had a heart op earlier in the year and she was a star, as were my 2 daughters, so she'll have to kick me out first!

Yes, I'm afraid I need my wife. What sort of heart problem, Bulver? I am 70 now but have suffered with heart trouble since I was 45, when I had 2 heart attacks, the second nearly killing me, a bypass op (zipper club) immediately after, followed by heart failure several times, and I'm now sitting here worked by electricity, with a pacemaker, defibrillator and ventricular resynchroniser in my chest. Marvellous what they can do!

I can even plug myself into RailMaster to charge myself up.

Yes, I'm afraid I need my wife. What sort of heart problem, Bulver? I am 70 now but have suffered with heart trouble since I was 45, when I had 2 heart attacks, the second nearly killing me, a bypass op (zipper club) immediately after, followed by heart failure several times, and I'm now sitting here worked by electricity, with a pacemaker, defibrillator and ventricular resynchroniser in my chest. Marvellous what they can do!

I can even plug myself into RailMaster to charge myself up.

I am also that magical age, Graskie.  My heart condition is called Brugada, it is all to do with the electrics of the ticker, and it is known as 'the sudden death syndrome'!  I have been fortunate that although it is hereditary, it has not killed me off!  Had to have an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator fitted 6 mths ago in Harefield Hospital so if the heart does go into flutter or fibrillation it will shock it back to normal.  I am one of six siblings , trust me to get the problem (but then I have lost. 3 brothers at very early ages to cancer). So I use model railways, and Hornby in particular, as a form of therapy.  (That's what I tell my wife, anyway). My problems seem small compared to yours, if I feel a bit iffy, I sit and look at the forum..........