Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

yes  sorry  still  new  to all  this  thanks  for  pointing  out  the  error

got i a prairie 64xx  class  today  .a  lovely  engine

Did you mean 64XX Pannier FH? 

It's a miracle I spotted it.  In case you didn't know but I'm sure you do, pannier refers to the tanks attached to the sides of the boiler, hanging there without any support underneath. 

Prairie tank refers to the wheel arrangement 2-6-2T. 

yes  sorry  still  new  to all  this  thanks  for  pointing  out  the  error

got i a prairie 64xx  class  today  .a  lovely  engine

Did you mean 64XX Pannier FH? 

yep  i knew  that  just  lol  was  to  in much   of a hurrry  to type .  getting a  pannier  for  crimbo.  only  started  doing  this a month ago .  going  to do a gwr heritage  line for  my first layout.

It's a miracle I spotted it.  In case you didn't know but I'm sure you do, pannier refers to the tanks attached to the sides of the boiler, hanging there without any support underneath. 

Prairie tank refers to the wheel arrangement 2-6-2T. 

Hi all started collecting early Triang locos a couple of weeks ago and have already found several nice units and I am learning how to service and fix them up some.

First one I got was this lovely early R50 that runs very nicely

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/ucwepn05/SAM_1053.jpg

second one is this early R52 that also runs very nicely

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/ucwepn05/jinty.jpg

The rest below I am yet to receive but the excitement is building very happy with all of them and yes there is a black BR theme going on, x2 R153, R251 + R33 & R359 Primary industries (can make ot the cycling lion)

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/ucwepn05/_57fff.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/ucwepn05/_57ggg.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/ucwepn05/900182.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/ucwepn05/900182_2.jpg

R3285TTS LNER 4-6-2 A4 'Gadwall 4469' with TTS Sound.

I'm lucky to have gotten one that is free of issues that other TTS owners have reported on receipt of their's. I know it's not a Loksound and does not have the synchronicity of that chip but I'm a happy camper.

What has also impressed me is the perfect slow running at the very first test found out by accident as I had not returned the controller to zero and saw the model crawling off down the track as I played with the sounds.

Very happy. Bought for my lady as she liked the Royal Scot Train Pack after our visit to the UK in 2012. It will get her more involved in building 'the big(ger)' layout.

Today I purchased an R3143 Class 423 4Vep in blue & grey. Hornby have excelled themselves, having sorted out the nonsense of the solid corridor wall in the First class, you can now see all the way through! Looks good, runs well. Blue and Grey is too late for my main interest BUT as I already have a blue and grey Bachmann 4Cep, a blue Lima 33 and a blue Hornby 73 I have a nucleus of a post steam era alternative fleet.

Who's going to test this thread to see if it can show 100 posts?

I thought we passed 100 AGES ago, we are now up to 992 posts ??

We have however reached 100 PAGES of posts.

The next 'milestone' will be 1000 posts in eight posts time.

Hi all,

I've just spent most of the weekend installing a Shinohara Double Crossover at the east end of my station. I'm sure Hornby won't mind my quoting a different company, as Hornby don't manufacture Double Crossovers. I didn't realise that it incorporates "live" frogs, and that these rely on blade to stock-rail contact to switch the polarity. However, as a result of this, I found that I got a short when a train passes over the diamond crossing at the centre IF the opposite diagonal is not set as well. Now that that is sorted, I am delighted with it - I can now have trains entering and leaving any of the six platforms at the east end of my station.

Ray

It was a funny period with the Mark 1s in fake pre-Nationalisation liveries, and a lot of the range self coloured and shiny. Not one oif my favourite versions but full of nostalgia. I remember struggling home on the train from Gillingham to Sheerness with a Lima 'O' gauge set, the 0-6-0 and two CKs in in LMS Red livery.  I still have it but all was repainted in BR livery many years ago.

A Hornby MK 1 Parcels in Maroon, but having checked on this site, as I paid £23.75 I think it was a bit expensive from the retailer - not my usual one. It was not boxed as Railroad though ? - I thought the MK1 s are Railroad ?

However I also got a triple Railroad pack of stone mineral wagons for £12.00 and they were a lot less than this site. 

Three Oxford vehicles as well - a LWB Land Rover - VW Beetle and an Austin Healey 3000. 

At Xmas I got a DoG - Railroad. I note it does not have tender pick ups - does the expensive version have these ?

This is the latest purchase, it came off ebay and was described as mint which it definately wasn't as I could see from the photo's the seller put up, the metal work had all rusted, the tank and chassis had blue paint on it, there was a glue mark and some scratches and the top half of the tank had faded, it was filthy dirty too. I didn't bother to raise a case against the seller as I bought it so cheap.  I took it all to bits, derusted the metal work and treated it, resprayed the metal work and rebuilt it yesterday evening and outshopped the model, just some paintwork attention to do to the bogies today. They are a rare model. Model is R.247 ICI Chlorine Tank.

./media/tinymce_upload/R.247pic1_.JPG

Latest purchases. I'm slowly building a couple of rakes of these beauties to run behind some 1970's Hornby and Tri-ang-Hornby locos.

/media/tinymce_upload/coaches1.JPG

Meant to say this yesterday, congrats on being the first to post on this forum, and being the last on page 100!

Rod

This is the latest purchase, it came off ebay and was described as mint which it definately wasn't as I could see from the photo's the seller put up, the metal work had all rusted, the tank and chassis had blue paint on it, there was a glue mark and some scratches and the top half of the tank had faded, it was filthy dirty too. I didn't bother to raise a case against the seller as I bought it so cheap.  I took it all to bits, derusted the metal work and treated it, resprayed the metal work and rebuilt it yesterday evening and outshopped the model, just some paintwork attention to do to the bogies today. They are a rare model. Model is R.247 ICI Chlorine Tank.

./media/tinymce_upload/R.247pic1_.JPG

Sorry, just realised you wer the penultimate contributor on page 100