Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Just bought another rebuilt patriot(Oups couldn't say no to a friend offering it cheap rename needed as I already have a Black Watch) and a black 5 with top feeds on the front boiler, I now have a full set apart from ivatt's specials which are next on the shopping list. 

Hi Graskie

The nickname 'Baby Scots' was normally applied to the non-rebuilt locos, mainly because they had a similar outline to the original 'Scots', only smaller and lower power. The rebuild Patriots could not really be given the nickname since they almost the same outline as the Rebuilt Scots (cab was the major difference) and similar power.

I was in Monk Bar Models this afternoon to collect my 7mm Dapol A1X (7S-010-001) 32655 I had ordered, and persuaded myself also to buy a kit for a 7mm van to accompany it. My first RTR fine scale gauge O model (I have scratch built two locos  previously) .

Received a MyLocosound decoder for Diesel/Railcar......fitted it into a class105 two-car DMU but it would only fit into the dummy car with a basic 2 function decoder in the motored car...........only problem is that you can only alter the CV's on the Sound Decoder when it is attached to a motor and then fit it back into the dummy car when completed but it works fine and sounds great, the tickover is very realistic.  HB

Thanks for clarifying that, PP.

A super item arrived today, one of the last few RoS Limited Edition (500) LMS diesel twins 10000 and 10001. I just had to have these because I often saw them as a very young trainspotter at Blisworth. Must get a Deltic as well sometime.

On pre-order - the ICI limestone hoppers, from Oxford via Hattons.

Also a set of white LED striplights from B+Q for overhead lighting of my railway, as room lighting is too dim for good video, losing too much detail.

£15 for three sections that plug together, and total 28" (710 millipedes), with a wall-wart psu and a decent length of cable.

I chose this method rather than a 12v 'railway' unit, for mobility - it makes it a multi-purpose thing!

R3370 TTS King Richard II 6021 arrived this morning by non-Aust. Post courier :) Ordered the 18th :)

Smooth straight out of the box. :)

Rear right sand pipe broken loose in the box :( which isn't too bad considering it came in a minimal mailing carton which is the best I can describe the outer. Will tackle it after a anti-non-essential cider soon. :)

Yeah, yeah I know I wasn't going to buy two Kings to swap the TTS module but I managed to sell something after I purchased R1184 Western Express :)

That was on the 6th and I'm still waiting on it :( but I know it will be soon :)

The Locomotion limited edition 'glossy' King with bell and all. A really superb model that arrived here in Belgium within three days, well packed, no damage. The sales people at Shildon are a realy nice bunch.

By the way, it ran smoothly out of the box.

Another acquisition was a world apart: a Wrenn A4 Golden Eagle. As good as newe, extremely smooth but was missing its tender. Failing to find an actual Wrenn A4 tender, I purchased a Hornby Dublo vefrsion that will be resprayed and given new transfers.

R3111 King James I and the Hornby Club t-shirt bundle that I used the club voucher for.

Will have that anti-non-essential-tremor cider over the weekend to transplant the TTS module from KRII and glue back the broken sand-pipe. The GWR tender frame is lined so unfortunately not a straight tender body swap (as previously told to me) and again a lovely runner on my rolling road.

TTS module transplant was too easy. Didn't need a tremor suppressant. Two screws under each tender body to remove them. Two screws holding the metal plate over the speaker enclosure. The blanking plate removed from KJ I and the TTS module removed  and replaced into King James DCC socket. The speaker and plate fitted. New R8249 put into KR II and the plate re-fitted. Tenders replaced.

Both recovered well from the transplant.

To paraphrase ... The King is mute long sound the King.

TTS module transplant was too easy. Didn't need a tremor suppressant. Two screws under each tender body to remove them. Two screws holding the metal plate over the speaker enclosure. The blanking plate removed from KJ I and the TTS module removed  and replaced into King James DCC socket. The speaker and plate fitted. New R8249 put into KR II and the plate re-fitted. Tenders replaced.

Both recovered well from the transplant.

To paraphrase ... The King is mute long sound the King.

Hi Choralc,I understand what you've done but do both locos have the little plug to attach loco to tender ,I'm interested to know because I've been thinking of doing the same but I'm not sure if it works as well with the conventional method tender peg into the loco drawbar ,,mjb

My latest acquisition ,they arrived today ,flying Scotsman and gadwall TTS locos bought them in the sales ,one from collett model shop and the other from scograil model shop ,both offered very good prices and second to none service ,it's nice to buy from the smaller retailers as they are getting scarce ,,,,,,mjb

mjb, as both locos are from the same 'build-family' they both have the same wiring. The tender plug is wired to the the DCC socket in the tender hence the ease of transplant.

I would suppose that any hornby tender with the connecting plug wired to the DCC socket and a speaker-well could have a TTS transplant.

As an aside, I have asked Hornby to make the TTS modules available as a spare part to be fiitted into the same family of model as they were initially installed.

After this success I might look again at my Clun Castle sound installation for transplant into, I hope, a similar build-family GWR Castle. I know double chimney sound sampling probably does not accurately represent a GWR one but they are my models :)

R8211 Rolling Road :) and from Black Friday sales a RailRoad Flying Scotsman for gifting  and three R8245 Sapphire decoders.

I'm not a fan of the the new mailing cartons as one Sapphire packet was flat and some slight crushing to one corner of Scotsman box. Am letting Customer Care know my opinion but generally very happy with Black Friday Sale purchases. Only one other winge so far but will wait for eventual arrival of item.

Picked up a couple of the MkI Parcel coaches, which will go nicely with the Mail coach that's coming my way soon too. All three *should* look quite nice behind the GWR Troop Pack that I have, although I'm slightly annoyed that extra coaches for that pack sold out so quickly.

Will Hornby produce any more?