Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Yes good point HB. Apart from the Wickham Trolley I purchased a set of B'mann loco crew. Two of them are seated and I needed them for the trolley. I repainted them to look like workmen. I also bought a conveyer kit. You get two portable conveyers. I shall use one in the goods yard for loading open wagons and one next to the coaling stage for coaling small locos. 

Back to the Thomas models, I thinbk Bachmann have simply used their Branchlines tooling for their wqagons and some of the bogie coaches probably to save money on tooling as none of the Bachman US stock would look right for the troublesome trucks etc.

Interestingly theirt Harry Potter Howarts Castle was one of their Modified Halls by the look of the spare parts that were available.

No they're not motorised HB they are only about 1/4 inch wide. Would be good though. 

....Motor from a mobile phone with the wobbler removed and a sleeve fitted to run an elastic band as the conveyor belt??

@81F

I think you probably right there, that they used tooling for the Express Coaches and the wagons from the UK Bachmann range to save money.

Sadly though, around 5 years ago, Bachmann USA decided to discontinue a lot of their rolling stock and the items I wanted that I never manged to get my paws on, that I want are:

76046 Express Brake Coach (Henry's Brake Coach)

76047 Composite Coach (Henry's Composite Coach)

77027 Flat Car with Paint Drums

77030 Cattle Wagon

77031 Well Wagon (I have one of these, but I would like another one)

77034 Salt Wagon

77035 RF Container Wagon

77036 6 Ton Wagon

No they're not motorised HB they are only about 1/4 inch wide. Would be good though. 

....Motor from a mobile phone with the wobbler removed and a sleeve fitted to run an elastic band as the conveyor belt??

This is them. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172267588184?_trksid=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172267588184?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172267588184?_trksid=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172267588184?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As they are a plastic kit then motorising them would be possible with the motor under the bottom end and wires leading to the wheels where contacts could be placed to connect to the board power.

Just bought a second hand DAPOL Neath Abbey with a view to renaming it Chirk Castle since I found some spare plates only to find the previous owner had stuch some unoped CGW plates in the box!

My latest two new models..........a King and a T9. I think they are both extremely well detailed and good value for money.......the King TTS cost just £109.50 and the T9 with TTS decoder cost £139........both run extremely well and I am very pleased........... 😆..........HB

/media/tinymce_upload/11fdd61245674c50ea5e30434796928e.JPG

No, ... before Hornby announced their HA model last year, Kernow circulated subscribers with an advert for a HA to be made by DJModels on OO scale. It was to be crowdfunded so anyone who wanted one had to send off all the money up front. Not believing that anyone else would model that particular fairly obscure model, and wanting one, I thought, "why not?" so sent off my cash. Of course then within a month or so Hornby announced that they would be making the HA after all!  So I was faced with the prospect of having paid for a model up front, and unable to get my money back, I had to sit tight and wait. Of course Hornby's model came out first, - wouldn't you believe it!!

However at long last the DJ Models version has arrived, and it is a good looker, but I haven't test run it yet.  I have had a Hornby one for months now.

So I now have two.

A close friend who loves looking around car-boot sales gave me a slightly dog-eared but most welcome copy of Hornby's "1825-1975 STEPHENSON EDITION 150 years of railway ". A lovely 48-page foolscap catalogue. I have attached a few photos as I am sure many members will be interested - especially in the mouth-watering prices of locos !!

ugh, photos would not upload so I will reduce pixel-size and post later. Sorry.