Duke Of Gloucester R3191

Clashfern

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on another website that most of the Great Gathering A4's won't get into Margate until week commencing 7th October 2013. The only one which will released before that date is the Mallard, which is due week commencing 22nd July.

I've been waiting

for E-Link to get released. According to one well known stores website, it is due in stock next Monday.

But according to Hornby, it won't be released until early July.

Wonder what the chances of Cock O' North being released in 2013?

That has

already gone back to the end of December.

Mike70 said:

I read on another website that most of the Great Gathering A4's won't get into Margate until week commencing 7th October 2013. The only one which will released before that date is the Mallard, which is due week commencing 22nd

July.

I've been waiting for E-Link to get released. According to one well known stores website, it is due in stock next Monday.

But according to Hornby, it won't be released until early July.

Wonder what the chances of Cock O' North being

released in 2013?
That has already gone back to the end of December.

My supplier says Cock O' North is now January 2014.

NFSCARBON said:

If it takes them that long Hornby really will have egg on their face!

Ha, ha... very good!

A few weeks ago, my supplier was saying CoN was due in October.

Doesn't bother me if I have to wait till

next Easter. Gives me more time to save up or buy something else.

Can anyone see people cancelling their orders for the Great Gathering now that the vast majority won't be coming out till October?

I can't see people cancelling their orders for the Great Gathering. It's a limited edition, they will have budgeted for it, if they cancel, they might have been "speculators". A true collector will wait,however long it takes. I've no doubt a few "full

sets" will appear on ebay at some stage - but at what price? It's not a cheap item in the first place.

Postman Prat said:

Hi NSF

You said "If it takes them that long Hornby really will have egg on their face!"

You've been reading too many posts from the Northampton Nutter (Graskie)

I've been on these

forums too long PP. It appears that after reading so many of WTD's, Graskie's and your posts the nuttiness has rubbed off on me.

Back on topic, I think Hornby's biggest problem is that they constantly have a backlog of delayed models every year. This

makes it inevitable that newer models will either be delayed as well or dropped. Maybe come Xmas time rather than announce a raft of new models for the year, they should focus on clearing the backlog, then announce the new models with definite dates. It seems

on a few internet forums Hornby is getting a bad name thanks to the delays.

NFSCARBON said:

I've been on these forums too long PP. It appears that after reading so many of WTD's, Graskie's and your posts the nuttiness has rubbed off on me.

Back on topic, I think Hornby's biggest problem is that they constantly

have a backlog of delayed models every year. This makes it inevitable that newer models will either be delayed as well or dropped. Maybe come Xmas time rather than announce a raft of new models for the year, they should focus on clearing the backlog, then

announce the new models with definite dates. It seems on a few internet forums Hornby is getting a bad name thanks to the delays.
Hi NFS, I raised a similar point, on the wishlists thread. There are some items, we are still waiting for, or such a small

run was made, all were sold before they hit the shelves.
I can't be bothered to look back, but there were a couple of Maunsell brakes that didn't actually leave the lines. Hornby should keep the 2-Bil debacle, in mind. I don't mind waiting, for an item,

but at least make enough, to go round.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike

It certainly looks sharper but I bet they were decorated from the same transfer sheet - not litrally but you know what I mean. They would be the same sheets as used onany other Hornby late crest locos.

I would not allow a photograph

to decide for me - camera slightly out of focus will give a different result to one which is focused 'spot on'.