Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do the same Caiptean, pretty much the standard way.  If you search through this forum for posts asking how to ballast, and there are a lot, the advice given is pretty much word for word what you stated. I use a very weak PVA to water mix, something like 1 to 10, then the ballast doesn't turn into concrete.  😮

I use the Gaugemaster Gravel and Grass mats for convenience. Three weeks ago I removed the track and cleared the board to take the railway down for work to be undertaken in the room. The use of the scenic mats meant when rebuilding my track was easily relaid and the layout back up and running in a couple of days. I do not consider myself a modeller, I do not have those skills. My layout is a big train set to run my train collection. The colour of these mats does change as can be seen from the sidings and the running tracks. After a few weeks it will look more natural rather than new.

I did once try the PVA and water mix method and ended up in a right mess, never again for me. 😆

I would put myself in the same category as your cousin. My layout is permanent but had to be taken down for work to be completed on the room it is housed in. I change my mind quiet often and try to get a quart out of a pint pot regarding running space.

It would be nice to see other layouts, I enjoyed viewing WTD's setup when he last posted some images. Seeing other layouts gives us all ideas.

An interloper on my Southern layout. Not sure that Flickr works on here?

IMG_0528

Very much an interloper!  😆

The Flikr link works and scrolling eventually leads you to 35028!

PS Working station platforms lamps I see?   😀

The platform lights are the Ratio SR Concrete Platform Lamps that have had very small LED's inserted in the shades - nobody makes a powered version - so I did it myself. There still in existance on Corfe Castle Station and maybe elsewhere. My Flickr account is all model railway - so no problem with public viewing.