Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

Well final stocks of a disocontinued product will have to sell out eventually. Everytime one sells, that's one less on the market. Look at the Thomas items. As soon as the public know which items get discontinued, suddenly all the model shops are out of stock. Think yourself back to 2011. As soon as a small portion of the range had been left with a few new items being released that year and with more than 80% of the range had been discontinued, not even a week later you could find those discontinued items, anywhere. They were all gone in a flash.

I was one of them, getting the stuff that been discontinued that I didn't own of course was what I needed. Some items though, like the Circus Stalls I had to wait until this year, to win box of them, new, in the condition I wanted them to be in.

GNR-Gordon-4

I am not arguing WTD. I am making a point. Yes, after something has been discontinued, you can still buy new, but there are rare in that condition, just like the rare Hornby Thomas products sells for head blasting prices on eBay, like R9244 Circus Stalls a few months ago. I got these on eBay, but becuase they are rare and this pack was new, I had to pay a high price for, when I think it costed around £15.00 - £20.00, when it was in production from 2006 - 2010.

GNR-Gordon-4

Hee is a way to see my layout, but in these these vidoes, it does not show as much detail as they do now. The layout had just been built, as when I filmed these videos, I just built a new layout, on a new board. The layout was on top of the dining room table, so I didn't bother getting my builds out and placing them on the layout, while it was in the dinning room, awaiting to be fixed to the wall in my bedroom. It gives you an idea of the size of the layout though.

Saving me from posting from posting all the videos, I will just post my Spencer and Murdoch videos:

R9257 Spencer*

R9684 Murdoch*

*For best viewing pleausre, I suggest you watched both videos in HD.

GNR-Gordon-4

My latest project, to be worked on at school with some year 9 students, is a minimum space continuous run layout - in a total space of 6' x 2'!  The tightest radius curve is approximately 8".  I've been testing the layout with various short wheelbase stock, and as well as all the Hornby 0-4-0s, we can run the Hornby and Bachmann class 08, Hornby J94 and Bachmann Toby.  Short wheelbase wagons and short bogie wagons run fine (e.g. bogie bolster and weltrol wagons) - though we will have to standardise on the large Hornby tension lock couplings.  Here are a couple of pictures to show the track plan:

/media/tinymce_upload/676ea0bcc521de42e708c82975d52f3d.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/0b50cb1bc6a1ec59aef034db380a25a1.JPG

Fencing or some other sort of barrier will go around the long sides to prevent derailments from becoming disasters.

Have just repaired the backscene lighting after a tragic accident with a saw  😳

Can't get the image to upload at present (The file could not be written to disk). If that remains the case I will ask Adam to add it here. 

/media/tinymce_upload/c8e2ab7ad7e247dcabfaec96d4a97b5c.JPG

EDIT: the image has now loaded (4th attempt). All I did when my original text was posted was re-open, and keep open, edit window - and kept trying.

R-

Hi,  😀

My name is Alain, i live in Marseille (France).

Excellent idea. Hello everyone, I will begin by introducing you my modular layout named Narrow Lane.It is a free evocation of Glasgow and its suburbs in 70' and 80'. It consists of two modules. A third is under preparation.

First, the module one.  😀

/media/tinymce_upload/715a2477ee5940fccc2a6f7e7f2dfcd1.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/735c4fa801a9d03257463f05db1b20b7.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/fe9bbb77aefaf9fcb69109a704ed1e1a.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/99a0b9a22f84c90f7424098a65f43a89.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/e827c93efd43e0eea4b6e62a3a8cf457.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/5952cd61d733a566c21ef0818c5337f8.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/0932c44b273e9bddc1274cb799c5bcbf.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/b1231129682e41557a4bf385bbc7175f.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/e1a93b791f251afaf51cad1f77c3b62b.jpg

More pictures very soon! 

Alain

You can find all the photos and video on my blog. http://voie-de-debord.blogspot.fr/

or my video channel on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/user/moduleho

I have just looked back on this post and the mention of City of Truro as an NRM special. They did two versions with the two numbers that COT carried. I bought both, one as I saw it at first and then after the NRM repainted and renumbered it my wife suggested I bought the other version. Numbers being 3717 and 3440. No they are not for sale either!

• 2 months later...