Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

RAF96 said:Hear-hear WTD - time Hornby Forums gave us the facility to post pictures/diagrams. I'm sure it would add value to the experience and better help contributors.At present I have load my pix/diags onto another railway modelling website and link to them from here as required.TOTALLY AGREEDIt would promote interest for Hornby promote more business, I am certain of that.Come on Hornby you have done some really good things this last 6-12 months and images speak more than words.

IT ALREADY HAS SO WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT USING IT

The pictures of my micro layout and proper Hornby layout came from my computer not a web site, as did the picture that will eventually show up on the Am I weird freight only thread once its moderated

See the little icon between the tree and the emoticon button on the post tool bar push that and you can upload pictures directly from your personal files on your personal computer.

If this Luddite can work that out.

How come the Super Techno Wizards can't work it out.

Or is it just to easy to do??

regards John

Hi M-R.

We are also downsizing a bit....most of the Tri-ang Railways collection will go, plus the Hornby Dublo, Hornby O Gauge Clockwork, and other stuff like the Lone Star Locos will go....

It must be a wrench for you, like us, but it must be done.

It is amazing how much better N gauge is now then when we dabbled in the 1980s!

It will be good to get the space to swing a cat, eventually!

No, we do not have a cat, and have no intention of getting one....

No actual cats were hurt during the typing of this post! 😉

Hi Margate-Richmond

Have you considered 009 as a scale gauge combination at least you will be able to see it 😆

Usually anything from small postage stamp size to about 4' X 2' in size seems to be the norm the best one I have seen on you-tube is only 50cm X 60cm.

The Peco 4wh GVT coaches are rather nice and available as freelance colors as are some of the small 4wh wagons.

Locomotives are a bit pricey but what's different to any other scale.

Given trains are short and a rather nice station building can be bashed quite easily out of an Airfix/Dapol hut or Wills garden shed.

The railway also doesn't need to be anywhere near the village it serves so nice country scenery, it becomes worth at least a thought.

regards John

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see some vintage Tri-ang.

I have considered OO9 John, but the cost is off putting.  It has been suggested to me that a high shelf around the wall of the lodge might be a way around the layout space issue for OO, I am investigating the possibility.  The lodge is being moved to my lakeside plot in January and I get the keyhand over, then it's find a job and move in time. Finding a new job will be hard in that area alas, most people work for themselves out there or go on the dole.  Sadly Cambirdge and it's management jobs are too far away to travel from there so no point in taking another management job.  I will think of something to survive, might even do the fairs with a spare parts stall.

Hello sarahagain,Thank you for your interest.It has taken a long time to collect what you see in the pictures,years in fact.But it's been enjoyable going to toy fairs etc,to collect what you can see on the layout today.The minic motorway remains to be wired up,as do the station platform lamposts.They are on the "to do" list.Then there's the triang colour light signals to put on the layout and wire up,not forgetting the catenary also.The outer oval is DCC,controlled by a Hornb y elite unit.The inner oval(system 6 nickel silver),is 12v dc and the two inner ovals are triang super 4,again 12v DC.

In one of the pictures you can see the new Hornby TTS sound van(which I can highly recommend),this is placed on a section of track powered from the Hornby Elite unit and I use this to give sound effects to the non DCC sections of the layout.

On the "to do" list,is the replacement of the baseboard covering.At the moment it is simply rolls of green poster paper,but I would like to change it for something more realistic.

Basically,this layout simply reminds me of years gone by,when every Christmas and birthday I would usually receive something in a red and yellow box,triang railways,  triang  hornby and latterly hornby railways.

I started in this great hobby of ours when I was about 3 years of age,I'm 60 next year and my interest is as strong as ever.

I'm always on the lookout for a bargain,the Tri ang hornby freightliner crane you can see in one of the pictures cost me £5,as did the  mechanno street lamp you can see by the minic motorways car loading ramp.

Thanks again for your interest.

We had the container crane many years ago now.

At the moment, we are having to "downsize" our collection.....so most of the older Tri-ang and Tri-ang Hornby will have to go.

We never really managed to set up a layout such as yours, which was the plan. Time and space constraints conspired against us.

It is always interesting to see photos of such "vintage" layouts, and play "spot the item"....

We have at times laid out some track in the garden....

Tri-ang Railways Transcontinental...

The loco on the Left is the first version (CA plastic, with plastic bell and whistle) of the TC Pacific on a freight train.. On the right is a double-header with Davy Crockett piloting a later version of the TC Pacific (with working headlight) on a "Train Fan" special of old time Western coaches. Lurking in a loop is a Snow Plough.

/media/tinymce_upload/757172ee23ac539f48d91e7ce34fa819.JPG

Arboretun Valley8714 Kalborough Station a generic almost present day/media/tinymce_upload/808afe89897ad850a5bf92a5c6097b0d.jpg8713/media/tinymce_upload/5161978ca10acec52a3cf56be1efeb52.jpg8477 Goathland Village/media/tinymce_upload/fa29ffbeb9c9d9e6f0754ae28a9c05d9.jpg8442 Goathland Station/media/tinymce_upload/6a62c57fe89381b1707f237092f80385.jpg6481/media/tinymce_upload/5f57089a7d40d8cab34886391860d837.jpg6222 abandoned and unloved/media/tinymce_upload/1675ab4cfcdebdd55751736c0eaff404.jpg5460 weathered wagons/media/tinymce_upload/a533da4aa30c6fcb1217672589ef18a7.jpgSarah lovely to see you around :)A few pictures from Arboretum Valley.Jaz.

Hi sarah,nice picture,I didn't realise,until I saw your picture,that there was different variations of the TC pacific,on the smokebox door.I think we have two or three unboxed TC pacific s in one of our boxes.I'll have to dig them out and have a look sometime.

I'm fortunate in that where I live,there is a very good toyfair held on a few occasions at the bath and West showgound during the year and there is also a very good collectors shop up the road,near sherborne.

Sad to read you're downsizing,I guess I will have to one day,I'll keep my eyes open on a certain auction site,if that's where you are selling your items.I hope I haven't broken any forum rules by saying this.

All the best.

Here are some pictures of the progress on my new shelf layout (pictured from October to December).

/media/tinymce_upload/12a01de9fb1bbb257db162abfd07c758.png

Cork underlay.

/media/tinymce_upload/67be645b1e0c8646c81ad07e97996511.png

Track plan.

/media/tinymce_upload/57c94c3af62520353464956727c75c24.png

Track plan with buildings in place at station.

/media/tinymce_upload/4836869ad5f209fd8302108dc11cbdab.png

Cork underlay in place

/media/tinymce_upload/fae9fd6c206c0977ee6ed215ec31aa56.png

First engine test.

/media/tinymce_upload/f3ffa0cc6134e376df3ffbada35e9dcf.png

First successful run into the station.

GWR