stock of dcc point control

graham_scholes

Assuming you are talking the 8247 decoder, it was proving unreliable and has now been missing in action for over 12 months. If you check out recent threads on the DCC and RM forums (best not to put DCC topics in General anyway), you'll find lots of discussion of different types of decoders and motors too. Tony's favourite is discussed as one that works. Don't even think about Switchpilot though, as you'll soon see in the other forums. 

They really are that easy to set up. it's a few weeks since I did mine, but from what I can remember in the design program, you right click on the first point you want to configure, press the learn button on the controller and away you go. It has to be done in the design program though, not the operational bit!

Hi Graham, I was told by Hornby a few weeks ago they are back in stock October but dates have been given and missed before. I think they told me a thousand units were due but there will be so many waiting and back orders with other suppliers I am sue they will quickly sell out. On advice from this forum I bought ADS- 8 decoders and found them easy to programme.

Ron.

Bonjour John. Yes I have, like yourself when I recived the set a screw was missing from a wheel. I returned the train  to the retailer and promptly received a new loco. When I came to run this one it too was faulty with a very loose valve gear so it would not run at all well. I sent it to Hornby and also asked them to look at the pickups as the train stalled on all of my points. The train repair was turned around in a very fast two days with a new valve gear but no mention on report about stalling problem.

The stalling was no better so I again returned it to Hornby along with the Lindisfarne that had its own problem. As I already mentioned to you the diesel came back working well but the Peppercorn is no better. Can't fault Hornbys service, prompt with no haggling but the retailer took this set off sale as he was getting too many complaints about it.

Ron.

Jailor, curious, no problem with diesel, but screw came out of wheel on bon accord. Sent to hornby, who have in hand, had no trouble with stalling, and loco was superb, until screw  came out. If your stalling continues, ring hornby, and ask to speak to Mark Lodge, their Customer Service Manager, who is a very helpful guy. He can arrange a further look at you loco. Set is great value for money, it is a pity that these little faults have occured, john

Archived