Loco Detection availability - Let's start a sweep

RDS

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Telling isn’t it that the oldest guesses are the best part of 4 years ago, and in the future when made.   This thread started more than 4 years ago.

Even PJ’s last list of LD commands at the top of the forum is now 33 months old. Yes, there was a previous shorter list. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fishy the flashback was just to remind folk how old this project is and what the prices of the various declared bits were at that time. Goodness knows what the prices will be now.

PJ seems to have an insight behind the scenes so maybe he can trickle the odd snippet through to the forum - NDA allowing of course If he is so bound.

Rob

No insight Rob, but thanks for the invite. ;o)

I am just noting a few things visible to all.

Financial difficulties in the world, they hit Hornby, they previously hit Bachmann.

The uncertainties in the world market caused by Brexit

Further uncertainies caused my none democratic people who didn't accept the vote, and is still on running.

Further uncertainies by government and opposition, financial institutions, etc

It is no wonder Hornby didn't lauch LD at the time, or even now.

So my new date had to be outside the expected Brexit date of the end of March 2019, but there may be an extension of time, but there may be another general election, there may be... other issues, to many to list.

Remaining on topic, it is understandable why Hornby have not launched LD for RM, it is understandable we have not heard from them, because they do not know themselves. It is understandable the prices will be higher, we only have to compare with the TT sensor signal system, time has probably done Hornby a favour, if the market and their financial status levels sufficiently, that will just leave one question, how many will pay what ever the new price will be.

Allow me to add another date if I may Rob, keeping the post within the topic, my additional suggestion is...

30 November 2023, my 75th birthday if I am here to see it. ;o)

But then I would hope that I am still able to understand and install it, that is if by then I can afford it. Time goes on for us all.

PJ

• 1 month later...

Please note:

All posts that have been added to this thread recently, that do not contain just a date but are detailed discussions concerning LD, have been moved to a new thread I have created within the DCC section called:

Loco Detection - Different Methods and Systems.

Sorry, this thread is for dates only, as originally specified in the first post on page 1.  It makes it nearly impossible to find guesses within pages and pages of discussion.

.... Guessing there will be update to rail master first in order to support loco detection and then release dates for hardware. 

SM

RM has had the LD module listed in setup and all software commands firmLy in place for years already. See sticky post top of the page.

Rob

Maybe not allow new dates to be added after 7th Jan, won’t be fair on everyone who has already guessed a date ... 

No need to worry about that.  I know when most if not all the guesses have been placed and an extra column showing the date when the guess was made, will be added to the Table next time I publish it.

In the meantime, Dates ONLY please.

I think I've popped more guesses than anyone else so to round my tally to 10 I will offer the date of Saturday 12th October 2019 for its official announcement and / or release.

This is the date for the Great Electric Train Show for that year which Hornby Mag usually attend if I remember rightly, although I have not been to that one - probably because it is in 2019 haha...

If it does eventually arrive this year what sweep is next I wonder...? And don't say chimney or steak... I'll get me coat....

Eh? What? Ah, yes... a senior moment there me thinks. What is happening to my little cells in my head one wonders. ☹️

Apologies for the mess up lol... one will take note and remember to make sure one's homework is done at all times and on time and accurately... lost a gold star for that one didn't I? 😉

OK... so the date given by myself is for whatever date is applicable to this sweep... that should cover it 😎

I have just been running through the thread looking for dates for the sweep, since the last table was published.  It has become more and more difficult due the excessive amount of often unrelated text being posted, a lot of which I have moved to an LD discussion thread.

Only posts containing a valid date will be considered for this thread.  If you wish to discuss something else, please raise a new thread, or add to an existing one.

A date is all that is required, although if you would like to add a short sentence, as Tee has done in his post above, this is fine.  Posts that do not contain a date will be moved or deleted completely.