Wishlist for 2016/2017

LCDR

With the 2015 programme now announced I would like to get my suggestions in for new items for 2016 / 2017 .

Firstly I will again stake my suggestion for a Merchant Navy Pacific in air-smoothed condition. A third batch version would be ideal.

Next something special to go with the BR/SR Bo-Bo electric locomotive already announced, perhaps some CIWL sleeping cars and the French luggage van to recreate the 'Night Ferry' Paris to Victoria via Dunkerque / Dover train ferry service. Alternatively some BR and European Ferry Vans of the period. Some with the typical peak roof and end brake platform might add variety, but PLEASE in 4mm scale and not a warmed over HO model.

Time to bring back the SR L1 4-4-0 I think.

A useful new type would be the Fowler 2-6-2T especially with condensing gear 40022 to 40040 series. Would go well with the new LMS suburban carriages.

BR welded body 21 ton coal hopper in both vacuum and unfitted varieties.

A 'Lowmac' low machinery wagon, not the old Airfix Lowmac EU but one of the 'curly' GWR design Lowmac WN (Loriot N).

A small Industrial 0-4-0ST or 0-4-2ST. Hawthorn Leslie or Andrew Barclay for preference.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would really love to see a set of GWR Railcar twins (35-38) and pre-nationalisation livery shunting diesels (I have heard a couple of the latter are in kit form but I have tremors and don't do enough 'real' modelling to justify a spray kit as well - pity).

Most you other oldies would be well gone by that year, so just take it that you are automatically invited if you're still about then. I might just end up in my gilded box before then as well, so the missus would have to entertain you. She would only be about 97 by that date, but she's a very determind woman.

Graskie, I would think she would be determined not to have a 101st birthday party in your absence and with all of your train mates along. 

I have a friend who is also determined, determined to outlive her husband by at least 6 months: 3 months to get rid of all of his junk, and 3 months to enjoy her house without it. 

Graskie, I would think she would be determined not to have a 101st birthday party in your absence and with all of your train mates along. 

I have a friend who is also determined, determined to outlive her husband by at least 6 months: 3 months to get rid of all of his junk, and 3 months to enjoy her house without it. 

Sounds a bit like my missus!

What would suit me would be a 

Wainwright H class 0-4-4T

preferably numbered 31550 as I used to see this daily on carriage shunting duties at Victoria.

Having built two 'H's this year I hope I have tweaked the tail of the manufacturer's dragon enough to make this happen as I seem to have a knack at doing this. No sooner do I build a model from scratch or from a kit one of the manufacturers get round to issuing it RTR.

Examples include -

by Hornby - Schools class with Lemaitre chimney (Dapol body / Hornby chassis), Maunsell R4 carriages (Ian Kirk), 2Hal EMU (Phoenix and Branchlines), SR Van 'B' (Ratio), SR Van 'C' (Parkside),

by Bachmann - BR LM Fairburn 2-6-4T (Hornby chassis / Scratch built), SECR 'C' 0-6-0 (SE Finecast), BR 2EPB EMU (DC kits), SR 'Pillbox' guards van (Cambrian), SR PMV (Parkside),

So in the words of a famous TV show "Here is one I prepared earlier!"

/media/tinymce_upload/Hs_and_2Hal_002.JPG

Hi LC&DR

It looks nice. Perhaps you should try it on a Merchant Navy or, just for a change of scene, a LNER G5 !!

Already built a Air Smoothed MN on a modified Hornby chassis, that one did not have the same effect - yet ...........

My vote would be the ex GER LNER B12 and the LNER D49.

I presume you are asking for new tooling, because both of these have been available from Hornby for quite a long time. The B12/3 actually dates back to Tri-ang days and has been in production on and off since the 1960s!.

My vote would be the ex GER LNER B12 and the LNER D49.

I presume you are asking for new tooling, because both of these have been available from Hornby for quite a long time. The B12/3 actually dates back to Tri-ang days and has been in production on and off since the 1960s!.

Yes, new tooling. I have an old Hornby Dublo B12 and an older O guage D49 which were my Grandad's. Would love the two in OO brought up to today's standards, although the eastern region had done well recently (or will do when they arrive) so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Archived