Wishlist for 2016/2017

LCDR

Some steam outline 0-4-0s that actually looked like common types of industrial locos rather than re-hashed and out of proportion mainline types would be very nice. The Dowlais locos were a fair attempt but were fairly limited in application. An Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST would be a useful and widely applied type. It would however require a new, shorter wheelbase, chassis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wishlist will be:-

- BR Co-Co Diesel-Electric Class 59

- BR Bo-Bo Electric Class 86

- BR Bo-Bo Electric Class 87

- BR Co-Co Electric Class 92

- U-Type Pullman Coaches

- 100T TDA Tanker

- 0-4-2ST "Talyllyn"

- 0-4-0WT "Dolgoch"

- 0-4-2ST "Sir Haydn"

- 0-4-2ST "Edward Thomas"

- 0-4-0WT "Douglas"

- 0-4-2T "Tom Rolt"

- OHE Catenary (I've explained fully in the OHE thread).

This is what I would like to see from Hornby in the near future.

• LNER Class W1 (Un-rebuilt)

• Stirling Single

• USATC S100/ SR USA Class

• USATC S160 Class

• LNER Class J70

• Caledonian Railway Single

• Caledonian Railway Class 812

• GWR 9400 Class

• GWR 1500 Class

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can see Ivor the Engine appealing to a niche audience, but unlike Thomas, which is still a widely recognised brand in children's entertainment circles, I don't recall seeing Ivor around very much in recent years.  I'm also not sure what "line of products" there would be other than the engine itself?

And actually, if we're moving into the realm of children's fiction for inspiration, I can only think of Chuggington (which I believe Bachmann have the model rights to), The Little Engine Who Could, The Polar Express and Casey Junior from Disney's Dumbo.  Are there any others?

I'm also not sure what "line of products" there would be other than the engine itself?

There was a decent helping of rolling stock in the series. If one is looking for another engine, there is always the juggernaut. I believe there can be a focus on buildings such as Llaniog station, the signal box, and Ivor's shed. There could also be a line of figurines of other characters in the show. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are 6 ex GWR Manors 4-6-0s active in preservation need to have a new quality model as there are, surprisingly,  no plans anyone else producing one of these very popular loco classes.  Also would like an upgrade of the ex GWR large prairie 2-6-2T.  Other ex GWR steam types would be popular...the 43XX 2-6-0 tender engine and also the 47XX 2-8-0 tender engine.

Sorry, Terry, just tested that link and it just threw me back to the beginning of this thread. Could you look into this, please, Admin? Anyway, try the site www.hornbyguide.com by not copying this link but making a fresh browser attempt, typing it in, and search for R.2717.

I would like to see more rtr coaches in the 'streamlined Duchess' liveries, both the blue (which I have) and the maroon.

I managed to get a 'split from set' rake of three more coaches for mine, but of course they are duplicates, until I can change the running numbers. That still leaves me with two brake coaches in a rake of six, though!

Archived