UN DIGITALIZING

citroenzxdriver

That's right. I have several DCC fitted locos that run like a dream on my DC layout. All new DCC locos will run on DC unless DC running has been deactivated, but that will only occur if the loco is pre owned and the previous owner deactivated it.  If this has happened or for some reason the DCC loco doesn't work the decoder can be unplugged and replaced with a blanking plate. 

It will work on a normal DC layout. I converted a few trains to DCC before I actually made the switch the first time, and keptthem running on my anolouge railway. Now they are in Australia and I am not, but if I get them sent to me, they will work on my current anolouge as well. Its only when technology gets newer old models can't keep up.

As everyone else has stated, your DCC Loco's can be run on ordinary DC Systems. The exceptions are that some DC systems have feed back and can't be used. If your DC Controller has Pulse Power for low speed control make sure it is turned off.

2 of my locos worked very eratically with the B'Mann DC Controller that comes with their train sets, I never bothered to investigate or try more locos on it as I have several diferent power supplies.

Peter

Archived