Railmaster Help Request

scuboo

Hi

I've been trying for an hour now to send a request for help in railmaster but I keep getting an error.

Could not send your request for help at this time, please try again shortly-connection reset 12031.

My Internet connection is fine, has anyone else had issues like this?

Thanks

Robert 

If i might suggest an alternative, ring my friend Mark Lodge, at hornby. He is boss man customer services. Only speak with mark, if he is busy, ask him to call back, he never fails to do so, and he is able to talk you through your problem., being a  very technical guy.who is able to explain things very simply If he cant, he will contact support on your behalf. Tel 01843/233/525. john. This will be the quickest way, cos you will get 2 bites at the cherry. john

The reason you are not able to send a Help Request is because your system is blocking RailMaster.  From the information you have already provided us there is no doubt that something is blocking the program.  Some antivirus packages are very aggressive and it is important that RailMaster has been added correctly as a full exception.  It is also important that RailMaster is set ot run with admin rights and that the persmissions on the folder are set to "Full" for all users.

If necessary, temporarily disable your antivirus software while sending a Help Request or activating the program.

If you are using McAfee and you have definitely added RailMaster as a full exception and also temporarily disabling it doesn't work then try uninstalling the program, sending your Help Request/Activating, then reinstalling.  This has been known to work on e at least one occasion, inexplicably.

Full information can be found in the Internet Security guide installed on your Windows Desktop when RailMaster was installed.

Robert, undoubtably you have. Try completely uninstalling as HRMS suggests.  I can assure you from lots of people's experience on here, it will be your AV and/or firewall still causing this, you have the classic symptom of it.

And rather than waiting until you can phone (as john always suggests because he isn't connected to the Internet on his RM laptop), you can email them from outside RM at support@rail-master.com and don't forget the dash.

if you still can't fix it, HRMS can log into your PC and do it for you, in short order.  Also do a search in here for lengthy posts from Augustus Caesar (AC) on how to avoid these problems in the first place by not using such AV software, he's an expert on it.

Which of the dreaded packages are you using by the way? Norton and McAfee are the worst of them.

Robert, undoubtably you have. Try completely uninstalling as HRMS suggests.  I can assure you from lots of people's experience on here, it will be your AV and/or firewall still causing this, you have the classic symptom of it.

And rather than waiting until you can phone (as john always suggests because he isn't connected to the Internet on his RM laptop), you can email them from outside RM at support@rail-master.com and don't forget the dash.

if you still can't fix it, HRMS can log into your PC and do it for you, in short order.  Also do a search in here for lengthy posts from Augustus Caesar (AC) on how to avoid these problems in the first place by not using such AV software, he's an expert on it.

Which of the dreaded packages are you using by the way? Norton and McAfee are the worst of them.

I'm using Microsoft security essentials and I've done everything that's needed as far as I'm aware. It's a nightmare, never had so much trouble to activate software before.

Are you risking yet another hat, Fishy? I do, of course, so hope that you're not at risk this time with your guess! Poor old scuboo probably has no idea, as in....they just fixed it. That's how I would be, grateful for Hornby's help but not knowing or particularly wanting to know exactly what they did. They do have a magic wand, you know.

No risk to the hats Graskie, I can talk through them as often as I like, at least until my breath rots them out.  So at least twice.  Anyway, I've put the special Christmas one away for another year now, intact.

if Robert watched what they did while they had remote control, he'll know too.

Ok, I admit guess was the wrong word.  It would have been better to say that my conclusion, based on my own experience and the numerous threads in the RM forum that had the same conclusion.  Also, the lengthy and learned posts from AC on the subject support the same conclusion an explain how to avoid the problem in the first place.

Or, please refer to the 4th post on page 1.

It was an issue with the Internet connection, well not so much that there was an issue with the connection but I was using my phone as an Internet hot spot instead of the main Internet connection. If that makes sense, I watched what they were doing but I'm not great when it comes to computers and don't really know what they were doing. My software is activated but ill have issues getting the pro pack or anything else with my connection. Told me to call my Internet provider and ask them to allow FTP, what ever that is. It doesn't make sense to me, like I said I'm not great when it comes to computers.

Sorry for late reply.

Happy new year 

When I had problems logging a support ticket via RM, I did watch carefully what the guy did from the other end. First he went through all my A/V and Firewall settings which were all correct. He then made a change in the RM settings file and deleted the com port from my computer. Windows then re-installed it and it's worked fine ever since.

The speed they move around your computer at, is mind blowing, and impossible to follow. normally involves deleting, and re installing, thats what they did with me. Very knowledgeable guys. Also asked about my anti virus, and checked on usb.and com port. They then ask you to test. Takes about 20 mins. Never known them to fail. john

It was an issue with the Internet connection, well not so much that there was an issue with the connection but I was using my phone as an Internet hot spot instead of the main Internet connection. If that makes sense, I watched what they were doing but I'm not great when it comes to computers and don't really know what they were doing. My software is activated but ill have issues getting the pro pack or anything else with my connection. Told me to call my Internet provider and ask them to allow FTP, what ever that is. It doesn't make sense to me, like I said I'm not great when it comes to computers.

Sorry for late reply.

Happy new year 

File Transfer Protocol, it's a method of passing files over the internet Usually from a dedicated server to a user pc and vice versa. I use it to manage my website files, sending hundreds of Mb of files back and forth.

Archived