TIMEPLANE WISH LIST FOR 2016

IanTemple

Hello All

Thought i'd put in my six pennorth!!.

1:  LSWR "Ironclad" coaches. In LSWR, S.R. and B.R. Liveries.. We have M7's and T9's already with the 700 'Black Motor' 0-6-0's imminent, and no LSWR stock to run then with?

2: BR Standard 3, 2-6-0... Certainly modelled as 77014.

3: Original "Air Smoothed" - Merchant Navies.

4: Re-Tool the Maunsell L1, 4-4-0

5: Maunsell W Class 2-6-4T

6: LBSCR, K Class 2-6-0

7: Bulleid Co-Co Electric Locomotives.. 20001/2/3

8: Urie H16 4-6-2T

9: Urie G16 4-8-0T

10: Finally ready to run 3rd rail track.. Would make it so much easier for non expererienced modellers to run 3rd Rail EMU's???  How about it Hornby

That'll do nicely..

Hello All

1:  LSWR "Ironclad" coaches. In LSWR, S.R. and B.R. Liveries.. We have M7's and T9's already with the 700 'Black Motor' 0-6-0's imminent, and no LSWR stock to run then with?

10: Finally ready to run 3rd rail track.. Would make it so much easier for non expererienced modellers to run 3rd Rail EMU's???  How about it Hornby

That'll do nicely..

I'd go along with well over half your 'wants list' Ian. In fact only the two Urie tank engines don't really interest me. I'd in fact replace them with the Z 0-8-0T.

There used to be a lovely rake of Ironclads that spent most of their lives in Blackheath and only came out on Summer Saturdays. Much like a great deal of rolling stock on the Southern.

RTR third rail track might be a bit of a problem, as it would have to cater for every different type of track piece and then have both left and right hand versions of all points and curves, however packs of conductor rails and insulators with a pin in the base, plus a drilling template, only needing a suitable sized drill and pin chuck, to add your own, could just work. Southern EMU models are all two rail so it it is not absolutely necessary to fit third rail of course.

I just want a plug in RTR DCC fitted surface mounted point motors.

Its not rocket science (in fact that's not difficult either) - they have been around in the USA for donkey's years.

Bring them up to date with modern electronics and devices such a piezo legs motors (like they use in cameras for focus) and jobs a good-un.

Keep the price down below a tenner and they will sell like sweeties.

Hello All

That'll do nicely..

I'd go along with well over half your 'wants list' Ian. In fact only the two Urie tank engines don't really interest me. I'd in fact replace them with the Z 0-8-0T.

There used to be a lovely rake of Ironclads that spent most of their lives in Blackheath and only came out on Summer Saturdays. Much like a great deal of rolling stock on the Southern.

RTR third rail track might be a bit of a problem, as it would have to cater for every different type of track piece and then have both left and right hand versions of all points and curves, however packs of conductor rails and insulators with a pin in the base, plus a drilling template, only needing a suitable sized drill and pin chuck, to add your own, could just work. Southern EMU models are all two rail so it it is not absolutely necessary to fit third rail of course.

If not ready to run track then I'm sure they could make something that plugs into the side of the track like the signals do.

• 1 month later...

Re-tool means that a new set of moulds (etc.) are created to update models made in future. This might be a full set thus a completely new model of one that was made in years gone by, or partial changes to existing tools to improve the appearance or performance.

Railroad models are a good example where former tender drive models are now fitted with new locomotive drive power plant.

For the minute there I thought LC & DR had started another wish list until I scrolled down.  

Or are you playing people to put up your wish list lc.And are hoping hornby don't notice.  :-)

All I can say is where's the paddle box!  The only SR loco I would like to see. 

For the minute there I thought LC & DR had started another wish list until I scrolled down.  

Or are you playing people to put up your wish list lc.And are hoping hornby don't notice.  :-)

All I can say is where's the paddle box!  The only SR loco I would like to see. 

Nope, nothing underhand, I was simply answering a question.

By the way, Paddleboxes only came in green or black so by your criteria Fazy they ain't proper engines!!

Archived