Jimyjames Model Rail/Working Roundhouse/other Railway Videos :)

JJ73

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Thanks JJ. You really shouldn't run trains on the carpet. 

Yeah I know thanks but I don't really have any other choose - it's either Train on carpet or no trains on carpet!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I I want to go with the latter!!!

Hiya :)

I updated my Layout to a 3 loop system & check out my cool junction which I am pround of - which consist of left/right hand points & a Diamond crossing!!!

Goto my Youtube Channel Jimyjamrs73 then look for "My Best Ever Layout" under Model Trains + Railway Simulator Playlist

Thank you 😆

You could lay some A4 sheets of paper down under the track. That's what I did before I had a layout built.

Ryan

Well if you look at some of my earlier model Train vids (goto my YouTube Channel Jimyjames73 then click on playlist then click on Model Train + Railway Simulator) - then you will see that I used to use the Hornby Track Mat or the Hornby MidiMat (Like Vids called "The Flying Scotman" or "Southern 3102" & others) but I found that as b/c it was on the floor - it got torn & ripped * differcult to hoover the dust of it with out the Track Mat trying to be sucked up aswell!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya 😀

I have made another vid using special effects to make my vid a bit more interesting & looking a bit more Oldie Worldie!!! It's on my YouTube Channell Jimyjames73. I've called my Vid "Special Effects Triple Lay-Out!!!"

Thanks for watching - hope you like it :)

Jimyjames

Hi JimyJames

I particularly like the 'sketch' type effect.

I think I have mentioned this before though, that the whole thing would provide better viewing, if you did not swing the camera about so much.  Just watch TV, for some good tips on filming.  It is a video camera and best results are obtained, when just the subject is moving, or at least just moving in one direction and then cutting to the next scene.  You obviously put a lot of time into though and thanks for sharing.

Hi JimyJames

I particularly like the 'sketch' type effect.

I think I have mentioned this before though, that the whole thing would provide better viewing, if you did not swing the camera about so much.  Just watch TV, for some good tips on filming.  It is a video camera and best results are obtained, when just the subject is moving, or at least just moving in one direction and then cutting to the next scene.  You obviously put a lot of time into though and thanks for sharing.

Thanks you :) yeah I thought I'd do something different this time - I just got myself a tripod to fix my camera on to - wish I got 1 yrs ago - would have help me - specially when I was doing my 3D Printer & G. B. L. C. vids!!! Yeah I do watch a l;ot of TV - may be a bit too much - may be I'll get there in the end :)

• 2 months later...

Hiya :)

I've been to Cornwall for my Hols & found a trail called The Camel Trail (b/c it runs next to the River Camel in Cornwall!!!) it's an old railway line which closed in 1967 & has quite a few Halts alone it & also has the Wenford Dries (whih is now abandon & I'm going to release a short vid about it soon) if you want to see my vid about The Camel Trail then goto my YouTube Channel - Jimyjames73 & look for my video called "The Camel Trail - (Old Railway Line)"

Have fun - thank you

Jimyjames

Did the same possibly early 1990s. I would like to go back and do the Tarka Trail (another ex souther line in the area) but have never got round to it

Well do it then & then tell me what it's like!!! ;)

Well about a week ago I went by Train to Cornwall & I recorded some of the journey - so if you want to see it then go to my YouTube Channel - Jimyjames73 & look for a Video called "Railway View from South Coast - Sea & Estuary"

Enjoy

Thanks

Jimyjames

Well I've made another Holiday vid, I found this on the Camel Trail in Cornwall, it's now been abandon & it is right next to the Camel Trail (an old railway line) & it is where they used to make china clay up untill 2002, It used to have railway sidings - if you want to have a look then go to my YouTube Channel (Jimyjames73) & Look for my vid called "Abandon Wenford Dries"

Enjoy

Thanks inadvance

Jimyjames

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

I am Challengeing you to a "Train Carriages of". Another words - How powerful are your Locos??? How many Train Carriages can your Locos pull??? I have made a 2 part video to show how many Carriages each of my working Locos can pull...

Either

look for my video called My Train Carriage Pull Challenge on my Youtube Channel (Jimyjames73)

or here is a direct link :-

I want to know if any one can beat my challenge :)

Thank you

Jimyjames