Building a B12

gowest

The postal mail here Ken is very iffy at times.

I am waiting for some parts posted a week and a half ago and still not here, yet on one occassion a box sent by courier on Monday was ready for collection on Wednesday of the same week.

The pin badge is fine at normal viewing distance Ken, just my cruel oversize photo showing all the detail.

I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into it for me. I shall wear it with pride.

Thanks again Rob

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

At last found time to post some new video of the GER S69 roaring around my small track with it GER coaches my track it not the best and in need of some work so will have to replace it soon but having said that if an engine can run on it with out derailing then that's a good test.

anyway if you want to see this little blue engine steaming away click on the link

">

Hi Rob

when we started all them months ago to under take this loco it might well have ended up as a failure but even I'm impressed on just how good an engine it is I can't stop running it as every time I do you find out something new about it.

Ken

Just a note, I have written within the Hornby forum about a radio control system for a garden railway that I built and this week will be taking it for testing (hope the weathers good) and the S69 will be one of the engines I would like to run on this chaps system along with my 9f, West Country, W class tank and my GWR Railmotor. Let's hope the radio system and the engines don't let me down as there will be a few others there to see this demonstration ?

Ken

I took my S69 and had it going round on Paul’s garden railway and tested out the radio control system and all went well but can see a more tailored unit might be the way to go.I will add a video under the New Radio Control system within the Forum section to keep all in order with more details on what's to come.

/media/tinymce_upload/294959bf164f7da0c276ac5567d1fe00.JPG

But just to end as I think I said we were at the North Norfolk Railway as a pilgrimage to see there B12 and first can I say what a great day we had the staff were all great and most helpful and once hearing about the story behind my little S69 engine they could not do enough for us and had our own personal guided tour of the shed and the B12 by different members of the N.N railway I think that for them to see such a small working steam engine took them by surprise.

/media/tinymce_upload/fde2871fdf030719001194aed0d3940f.jpg

If you look closely at the pictures here you might just see a little blue engine sitting on the running board.

/media/tinymce_upload/e55af8fdcaf135f7ed72cf6234f44f99.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/269cf17a498efde9658bac68a658fe3c.jpg

There was even an old water stained picture hanging on the wall of the ticket office of a GER S69 hanging on the wall.

/media/tinymce_upload/7cac79e433a194610e51ce0f96f96e4e.jpg

Once in the cab things looked a bit different than in my engine. But then this engine had been changed a lot over the years as you can see by the plate on the wheel splashier.

/media/tinymce_upload/2b49416766374aa210cb99fe809c6645.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/2a744961ee5b7e0358b6bf9b27825ec1.jpg

Then as I got my camera out of its bag the cloud’s parted and the sun shone down lighting up this lovely green engine as if old granddad was looking down on us.

Archived