Petersburg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best looking loco of them all, and that from a GWR man.

WTD, which loco are you referring to as the "best looking"? Next to the Norfolk and Western Jclass (611), I think the Gresley A4'S are the most pleasing to the eye. They are what spiked my interest in British steam locomotives...

Hi WW, how are you? I am referring to the Gresley V2. A simple but beautiful shape. 

WTD, hope you are doing well! I have been down for about three weeks due to a damaged "sciatic nerve" (whatever that is). Most pain I've ever experienced! Even after smashing into a truck on my motorcycle at 60mph (1986). Didn't walk for six months... stayed drunk a lot.... didn't hurt like this! I'm going to look up your V2 and give you my "highly regarded" opinion... seems I have some time on my hands...as I go broke... I did think the "V2" was a rocket that Adolf sent over to you guys in WWII...! Does this engine look like THAT...? tee-hee..

Hi Wobbly

You have my sympathy with the sciatica.  I had that a few years ago and the pain was truely appaling. I had many minor attacks but that was the mother and father of them all. I was off work for two months, followed by two months on 'light duties'.

Since then I've had no problems, mainly because I have a weekly session of PILATES (a kind of Yoga). I hate going but having had that pain I don't want a rerun of it.

Hope you get better asap.   🫨

By the way WTD is right. The V2 is a really beautiful loco

Hi Wobbly

You have my sympathy with the sciatica.  I had that a few years ago and the pain was truely appaling. I had many minor attacks but that was the mother and father of them all. I was off work for two months, followed by two months on 'light duties'.

Since then I've had no problems, mainly because I have a weekly session of PILATES (a kind of Yoga). I hate going but having had that pain I don't want a rerun of it.

Hope you get better asap.   🫨

By the way WTD is right. The V2 is a really beautiful loco

Thank you! I was beginning to think I becoming a real "whiner". At times it almost brought me to tears, and if THIS boy goes to crying, somebody's gonna get HURT...!

I Googled the V2, and yes, it's a very pretty locomotive... you guys build some "pretty" steamers for sure! Here is the 611's  "sister" that was restored in 1987 and ran excursions until the early 90's. Then got stuck in a MUSEUM! As you can see, we kinda got away from "pretty". A 2-6-6-4 wheel arrangement at about 122ft long... BEAUTIFUL!/media/tinymce_upload/f61d0858c46a7bdad95f5287f0bb1bbe.jpg

Archived