ARC Pro USB Port Communication Protocol specification

RMS DEV

Hi,

Now that the ARC Pro has been released (at least in Denmark) and I have had the pleasure to play with it, I must say you should be very proud with this addition to your product line, thank you!

Earlier on it has been stated that the USB port is intented for 3. party development of RMS. My question now is when do you plan to release the documentation for the USB port communication protocol? (so that we can make your product even more cool)

Best regards,

Jesper

Thank you.

Had looked before under slotforum digital.

Have 1 question and believe it is important.

Can arc pro be switched to analog use without the app ?

I think you missed the bits in the review

"Switch to Analog - there is a switch on the side of the c8235 to enable analog" A later post in the same thread goes on to say analogue works both lanes with just one power supply unlike the C7042.

Thanks, perhaps am confused by next line " race in analog" referring to app.

Thats why just want to confirm if 2 cars on 2 lanes analog can just race without any app features.

Could er please get back to the original topic of this post?

Flipping the switch on the ARC PRO essentially turns it into an ARC AIR from what I read which means you can use it without the APP if you you care to.

@RMS DEV: This thread will surekly be seen by the Hornby dev. team so you will have to wait for them to reposnd I am afraid. They do read it though...

Thank you for your kind nonconfirmation RMS.

A simple yes or no would have been appreciated greatly,

but instead you just want scaly to tell you when they will release the protocol,

for a product that has not arrived yet in most of the world.

As we say around here, good luck with that.

Thank you for your kind nonconfirmation RMS.

A simple yes or no would have been appreciated greatly,

but instead you just want scaly to tell you when they will release the protocol,

for a product that has not arrived yet in most of the world.

As we say around here, good luck with that.

Thank you. (stop hijacking threads with questions not related to the topic and create your own topic/thread)

My sincere apology for asking 1 question of the only person so far to claim they own the arc pro.

Hopefully the next person posting a review soon, will be a real scaly digital hobbyist, trying to share their hobby with other people.

Please make sure you observe the first bullet point of the forum guidelines:

Please keep all discussion polite or, at the very least, civil. Action will be taken against posts and/or topics that cause distress beyond a debate or disagreement.

I'll keep that in mind next time I'm trying to be helpful and post a link to a review or something else. I just thought it would have been more appropriate to post the questions regarding the review at the review thread instead of trying to get answers in this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait Andy. Is there an avenue for you to solicit the Arc Pro port information and programming API's from Scalextric? Is there a contact there for some of us to get developer information? If the port is for 3rd party developers then they may already have the information available instead of developers having to hack/reverse engineer the functions (which will lead to buggy or incomplete RMS software from the 3rd party community).

My position here is totally voluntary and Hornby is under no obligation to provide me with anything more than what you guys see here.

What I do here I do because I love the hobby, first and foremost and because I honestly think Sclalextric is a unique brand that deserves all the help they can get.

While I do get guidance from time to time something like this I can address to them but I do not think I will be able to divulge anything any sooner than when it is made public.

In fact, most of my "predictions" are down to me sleuthing and connecting the dots Sherlock Holmes style and my experience (I also speak 3 languages fluently and 2 not so fluently which extends my well of knowledge).

In this particular case I am more hoping someone will break their warranty to do some poking, much like they did with the "brake mod" on ARC ONE. Of course they must be fully in the knowledge that they are foregoing any further support for their product. :-)

One thing you have to remember is Hornby is not a large company and in life there is a golden rule : Good, Fast, Cheap Pick TWO...

So if we want it good and we want it affordable it will take time. At the same time I do know that they shift priorities to meet market needs so if you all contact customer care (mail, phone, drop by) I am sure they will listen.

Sorry if my original post made it sound like something was eminent ...

Well, IMHO Hornby is missing out on an oportunity here. Say they released the documentation, which no doubt exists as it does for the APB, what could be the downside? Increased sales and embracement from the community/sub culture of slotters? Hacking the box makes no sense since all IoT boxes today are capable of hardware protection/encryption. And making a competing app would be stupid.

We need the APP to work on PC, via the port or WiFi. Many of us have PC's (old PC's) running our set ups and want this especially for the wirelsss controllers. Using a phone or ipad is no good as many already have a big screen on the wall.RCS64 does have more features but it's often too complicated and ugly. The simplicity of the APP coupled with WIRELESS controllers is easily the win, worth the upgrade from APB but no PC APP!!!

• 4 months later...