Collectors Club

Homer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont think the new club is really to the standard that it was we dont even get a 10% discount online now also gone is the choice off a voucher instead off a loco .i think its going to cost alot off members as we are now getting things cheaper at our model shops ,im not one for complaining unnecessarily but i think i have a point.also gone is the choice off having an online membership . what exactly is the rewards card for ? i see very little incentive in rejoining .sorry im not trying to spoil others perspective off the club but cant see this being an improvement for members please take the criticism on board in a positive way .thankyou

There is only one 'market' Hornby are aimng at, that's us.........if the 10% discount for direct sales was viable they would continue with it but considering the cost of staff to handle the orders and payments, warehousing to hold stock, packaging and posting the overhead is too great.........better to turn stock around as soon as received from China to the retailers and for them to discount to us which they normally do, usually around 15%........so better all round for Hornby reducing their overhead and us for larger discounts..........I joined the 'Club' for the loco (present for g/son) and magazine..........HB

• 2 weeks later...

They made a complete pigs ear of relaunching the club I agree.

Sorry for being extra dim today I forgot you are in Canada. Yes it would be a good idea for Hornby mag to send the club literature to overseas members. Don’t hold your breath though. I haven’t rejoined, don’t really see the point. Certainly don’t want the free loco and the exclusive is not for me. I think it is a great shame they dropped the club discount. 

When they say that the advantages of joining are a membership card and ......wait for it.....a badge.....well say no more. 

Sorry WTD, but your sarcasm here is making me cry with laughter! I love the way you said "...wait for it...a badge...well say no more".  😆

Thank you for your entertainment.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4

@LongDistance

Same with me and everybody else on this forum, LongDistance. We all have many locomotives and rolling stock from Hornby and yet Hornby have zero interest in any of us.

@RDS

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that message. 2014 was when I cancelled my membership. Why did that message ever come up, when one logged in?

GNR-Gordon-4

Archived