Airfix vintage classics- A new hope?

Captain Triggers

Recived an email in my inbox yesterday about the "vintage classics" range and wondered, "if this is a success, maybe they will do another batch with cars in it". Though I dare say that it might end up like kitstarter because as it turned out not many modelers want to build an older kit like I do. What do you think?

Thanks Ratch, wasn't aware of that.  By whom?

The Capri, Cortina and Zodiac were butchered during the Palitoy ownership of Airfix to turn them into custom cars. That is why they fetch high prices on the second hand market, there is no possibility of them being reissued as stock road cars. It was also during this period when the ex-Kitmaster tools where left outside to rot and were discovered when the owner of Dapol was visiting the Airfix premises.

• 2 weeks later...

General Data Protection Rules Ratch. An upate regarding how e-data (and other for that matter) is captured, stored, used and disseminated.

Not quite understanding how that affects this in this particular case though.

• 1 month later...

I'm not airfix car person (but I do have a 1/18  scale car collection of around 100) I can see your disappointment if I were to go and start building them wloud want to see better variety like a db4 zagato nissan r32 skyline or lancia stratos now stuff like that wloud get me interested 

I agree, Mr de Havilland. Airfix kit models, of like a Nissan Skyline, etc, or even of a BMW 1 Series, a car I have in real life, would get me interested more in plastic kit building. The plastic kit franchise as whole is mainly focused on aircrafts, which is not a bad thing, but I am much more interested in cars, more than aircraft, so the car choices are poor compared to the aircraft selection and I would like to see more car kits become available.

GNR-Gordon-4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Would love to see some of the older cars. Hopefully not as Starter Sets. There isn't a car in the current range that is not a Starter Set. Would be nice to see something new in 1:32 maybe Porsche 956 / 962 with the range of liveries Airfix should be able to sell enough to make it profitable.

Archived