Club locos being sent out

Gary_Leeds

Cool!  😎

Thanks for email screenshot, HB.  😀

All the parcels I had delivered by DPD Local, I have never had that much information of the driver's name, or an hour time slot of when to expect it. Thos better so, if you need to go out, you know you need to stay in between 10:10am and 11:10am, rather than waiting at home all day and it does not arrve until 4:00pm and more or less the whole day has been wasted waiting for a parcel man!  😆 😉 😀

By the way, that's you and BB had the loco within 24 hours, being delivered by a parcel courier. You would have had waited at least 2 days or more, if I went with Royal Mail.

GNR-Gordon-4

As it happens, I was not at home when the parcel arrived. I was enduring an unpleasant procedure in my head at the John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford.........fortunately it was successful and I am at home now typing this which should indicate that I am still 'compost mentus' or thereabouts.......... 😬..........HB

DPD are very good. I came home the other day to find a parcel in the middle of the dining room floor. We had been out for about ten minutes and a courier delivering a couple of carriages just lobbed them through a small open front window - it wasn't DPD. The carriages were ok. Some couriers are not as good as others!

No, some couriers are outragerous with how they deliver. Never had trouble with DPD, but another one I won't mention is one I will never use ever again, if I have the choice to use them. A number of years ago, nobody was in and I don't how the driver managed it, but they managed to shove the garage door open at the top, a gap wide enough to through the parcel into the garage, which landed somewhere in the middle of the garage, on the floor. Door never closed again properly, without having it repaired. 🤔 😉 😆 😀

GNR-Gordon-4  

My loco arrived this morning and was left in a parcel box which sits by my front door. Heavy- to discourage light fingers - and has a latching lock. It has been invaluable to me obviating my staying in and waiting for things to arrive. Doesn't work for "Signed For" parcels of course, but Royal Mail's Redelivery free service is very good.

Gordon, maybe you should consider this kind of option.

And thankyou, Hornby, for a nice little loco. Running it in carefully now. 😀

I can't remember. This was about two years ago, probably more. I got in contact with the seller, saying eBay's estimated delivery dates are up and the item never arrived. They went off to do some tracking and replied saying it arrived about three days ago and they were correct. I then investigatred through Royal Mail's website in how can get my package, being that no card was left. I had to confirm address or soemthing to book a redelivery, I think. I didn't bother going to the post office as I doubt they would give to me, without a card.

GNR-Gordon-4

Archived