Update?

Jeff Cook

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One big reason for choosing an Airfix kit over other company's offerings is the Flying Hours scheme.  Without the Club up and running and accepting Flying Hours why buy an Airfix kit?  Other Czech, German, Chinese offerings are just as good.  In the past I have bought an extra Airfix kit or chosen a version by Airfix because I could collect Flying Hours.  The lure of a discount tomorrow can decide who gets my money today.  If indeed the Airfix company has "few employees" surely it is not too difficult for someone in the office to walk across the floor to the desk marked Airfix Club and ask the person sitting there "when?" and get a proper date.

There isn't an Airfix Club desk, everyone has serveral tasks and responsibilities. It's a question of priorities and maybe they're focussed on making Hornby profitable.

Agreed, 100% true Ratch.

Surely it can't make financial sense to alienate your most loyal customer base? As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, I too used to only buy Airfix but now I'm buying any brand I fancy and I have to say - and I would be surprised if I'm alone - I like some of these other brands. It really opens up a whole new range of kits.

• 2 weeks later...

We can vote with our wallets, true. I'm sure they are a busy team, I just find it a little odd that there is absolutely no information, here in the forum or elsewhere, of any kind, that gives even a rough estimate for when the Airfix Club is coming back. It's a bit odd that they've decided to discontinue the service completely, rather than just reduce membership costs and allow the Flying Hours scheme to continue while they decide on changes etc.

Like I said, I don't work there, so there could be other financial or administrative reasons why they've put an end to it. Perhaps £15 a head isn't sustainable any longer. Hopefully there will be some news soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I have 65 flying hours. It has been over a year since the Club was suspended and still no announcement or even a whisper about its return.  I am getting the feeling I should exchange them for Reichsmarks or Confederate dollars, they would be worth something!  Earth calling Airfix Club, are you there?

I have 65 flying hours. It has been over a year since the Club was suspended and still no announcement or even a whisper about its return.  I am getting the feeling I should exchange them for Reichsmarks or Confederate dollars, they would be worth something!  Earth calling Airfix Club, are you there?

Lmao

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got the Telford relaunch nod ontheir FB page when i asked. i can't work out if I've lost money or gained money as i cant remember when my sub ended. im pretty sure it was next year. if I lose more than a months sub, i'll be annoyed. but when did that ever matter ? 

Just can't understand the lack of interest in at the very least updating loyal customers on what is going on. Plus I have a stack of flying hours tokens that are uselelss at present.

I was talking to someone recently at Hornsby for a replacement part for my Sea King and asked about the club. He said if it was about the Flying Hours they were still honouring them.  As to the club he was quite positive it was happening but it was up to Airfix to decide when.

hope this helps you.

@ shaughan

Sorry to pour cold water on that gentleman at Telford cos he must have been ad-libbing as you can only use the Flying Hours if you're a club member which requires renewing every 12 months. Airfix suspended the Club in the summer of 2018 (mine expired in Oct 18 and was unable to renew) so there will be no active members now and Flying Hours will be getting stock piled!

I personally have a load I want to use but are currently just a pile of scrap card?!! 

@ shaughan

Sorry to pour cold water on that gentleman at Telford cos he must have been ad-libbing as you can only use the Flying Hours if you're a club member which requires renewing every 12 months. Airfix suspended the Club in the summer of 2018 (mine expired in Oct 18 and was unable to renew) so there will be no active members now and Flying Hours will be getting stock piled!

I personally have a load I want to use but are currently just a pile of scrap card?!! 

Hi - I spoke to customer services in the last few months (via email as I recall) and it appears you can still use Flying Club hours if you were previously a member but have lapsed.  Not tried it yet - but worth asking.