Why does the Date of the Club Model keep on Moving???

JJ73

As you know the Hornby Club Model is the Bluebell Railway SECR, H Class, 0-4-4T, No.263, the original date I think for relise was December 2018, then I've notice it got move forward to Jan 2019 & now I've just check & it's now saying Expected: February 2019 - What's going on Hornby??? will next time I check will it say March, April or even May??? - Now this is getting silly - You can't keep on moving the Date & keep people waiting all the time!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A year is nothing. I waited several years for a Bachmann loco. The models are made in China. When they are ready they will arrive. As RAF said perhaps there has been a problem with early models that need correcting. I’m sure if you contact Hornby they will send you a faulty version if you really want one  now. 

Some people said they had had no problems with the H - so it's a bit hit and miss. If your running DCC just snip the capacitor out. As far as delivery is concerned, as has been said it's made in China along with a vast number of other items, there is a probably a "build slot" for this loco, and if something happens beforehand, probably all slots get pushed backwards. Personally, I don't worry when it arrives, I've pre-ordered it, so I will get when it arrives. My railway modelling has not been put on hold because the H hasn't arrived - I've also not had any sleepless nights worrying about it. Just pray the container ship does not get stuck in the Suez Canal!

Just pray the container ship does not get stuck in the Suez Canal!....

I ordered a new duty free Toyota Corolla Mk1 in the late 60s in Cyprus and the boat was U- turned in the Red Sea the day before the Suez Canal was closed, so my car went round the Horn to UK and visited the Continent then back along the Med turning up over 6 months late but fortunately just with the duty free limits for future export to UK, where it had already been.

Rob

PS - it was less than 2 weeks old with under 50 miles on the clock before my good lady pranged it.

Jimyjames, you will get it eventually. I have waited years for a locomotive in the past and and I am still waiting heading for 2 years now for some Oxford Rail coaches. Yes, the delivery dates keep changing and it's annoying, but on my behalf there's nothing I can do to get the coahes any sooner. I have them on pre-order and that's the only thing I can do. All I need to next is wait for the email Hatton's Model Railways telling that they are in stock and when they get dispatched; Or another email that estimated dleivery has changed again. There's notjing we can do than just wait. I find that of just forget about your wanted product and carry on with life, time passes and eventually will recieve what you want.

GNR-Gordon-4

@WTD - " I’m sure if you contact Hornby they will send you a faulty version if you really want one  now." - That's funny - you made me laugh!!!  😆

@BB - "Just pray the container ship does not get stuck in the Suez Canal!" that's also funny!!!

@ every one else - thank you & I won't have any sleeless nights & looks like that I will get it eventually!!!