Membership Badge.

Station Cat

My 2018 membership comes to an end in Feb and I shall be joining the club again.  I look forward to receiving the magazines, loco, badge etc and the membership card.  So I've just started wondering 'what do I use the membership card for?'  I don't need to use the number on it when buying from the Hornby website.  I haven't got any Hornby shops in my area, and would I be able to show them my card if I did?.  There aren't any shows in my area either, but if there was and Hornby were at it, could I show my card then? and what would happen?  Has anybody else found a use for their card?  I bet you all have!!   😆 😆

I joined for the first time last year and I will be renewing my membership.  I have found the magazine to be very well written and not full of adverts.

I don't know whether the Loco is a regular thing or just for the first year of membership.  I have no interest in either the badge or the card.

the card is also ideal for scraping the ice off car windows, to use as a spacer when track laying, use it as a filler knife, glue spreader, ice a cake, fold it in half and use it to pack a wobbly table, there are a 1001 uses for it, probably more,

You could always try and sell the badge; But then again many people try and do that.  😆

Why don't Hornby just scrap the badge? Does anyone actually wear them?! I doubt it!  😆

Hornby should take that out of the list that one recieves from being a Collector Club member and it should be replaced with a wagon or somerhing, as well as the 0-4-0 locomotive mind. Don't want that taken out, being replaced for a wagon.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Plus saved you from buying a scraper, Station Cat?

Off topic, I know, but if you do buy de-icer, I recommend CarPlan Demon Ice. It's the best de-icer I've ever come across. It can be sprayed on your car windows before you go bed and can also be used in the morning too. It works at both times, very well. Will be getting some more when the bottle runs out.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Archived