2019 Club start date

Howbi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a pity they did not mention the 10% discount earlier. I might have waited before pre-ordering a number of loco's. I suppose I could cancel the pre-orders and start again. I might ring and ask if there is any movement with this - the prer-orders amount to just short of £1k - 10% is relevant.

just renewed myself today, i wasn't going to bother until i heard about the discount coming back, also got preorders totalling over 1k, just wondering though if the preorders would need to be cancelled, surely the discount should be applied when payment is taken,

Yes I reckon you are right Jacob. Probably take a day or two to become a full member. Nice to have the 10% discount back. 

If this does not happen, then I sggest you contact Hornby, if you do want to pre-order the club exclusive H Class.

At 10% discount, this still puts the product at higher price than Hatton's Model Railways and Rails of Sheffield sells the item for, doesn't it?

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

I understand Jacob - my misunderstanding.

When the 2019 announcements were made, I checked the price of all of my order with the big four "box shifters" against Hornby - this was obviously without the 10% discount. In general the box-shifters were ten percent cheaper. So now, with the club discount, Hornby are on a par with everyone else. I split my order with Hornby and one other.

I'm not confident that there is a 10% discount this year.........it is not mentioned within the list of Club Benefits.........HB

PS.........WTD has pointed out the discount is now showing on the product pages.

I just added the membership to basket and it's saying I have to pay an additonal £4.98 for delivery. Delivery of what; The magazines, or the locomotive? I haven't got to pay delivery for very magazine posting, have I? I am surprised about having to pay postage for a club membership. I don't pay postage for other clubs I am in. Did everyone else who joined the 2019 club have to pay £4.98 for postage?

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Archived