Network Rail diesel - Club Model - Dispatched :)

JJ73

@ dynax & Rawners :- Oh dear - that is not good - spoooooooo ( spoooooooo is ooooooooops backwards!!!)

Hope it gets sorted  - might be nice to have 2 but knowing that you've got some 1 elses Loco - yeah better send it back  😆

@ H.B. - It comes apart quite easily then - just clip on & off then - interesting & if you don't mind - I might even "nick" your photo for when I do my vid review on my Y.T. Channel & I will give you a name check so that folks know that you took the photo - with thanks  😀

Hi JJ,As you are continplating making a video of  the new Bagnal, it might be of interest to mention the origins of that  hornby loco.

First produced 2011,then another  in 2014 then 3 released this year. Hornby club loco, R3755 and one in R1233 Coco Cola Set.

Photo 1. top row  2011 model next to it 2014 model, bottom club loco.

/media/tinymce_upload/79c6162dd7b3000d68e558504dc3533c.JPG

photo 2. all three from front.

Yes Hornby made the model of Dart from the Thomas range first.

Before you laugh, last one sold on Eb** for £225.00 another for sale at £190.00.

/media/tinymce_upload/9f2341c884fe85be33112b2c3415866d.JPG

Hi JJ, I have no problem with using the photos.

You may have to ask Hornby, as they appear on their website.

Lots of my photos I have uploaded on forum,when you google Hornby locos come up with reference to Hornby.com.

If a problem send a email to admin asking for my email address, and will send photos direct.

Any other photos of Hornby locos you want to use in forth-coming videos, if I have them in my collection, just ask.

Just a quick game of spot the differance with old & new!!!  😉 😆

Surely a better comparison would be with the old Hornby Class 06, rather than the old Lima? 

Mine arrived yesterday, well most of it! Missing the rear buffers for some reason. I've emailed Hornby so hopefully they be able to pop a pair in the post. I just need to get a couple of bits of network rail rolling stock for it to shunt now!

I've seen one up for sale on that auction site already! 

@ Peetbee :- Oh dear - that's no good - waited all this time & there are parts missing ☹️ Oh well & least you didn't get a twin like Dynax & Rawners got!!!

Ok - may be a Hornby Class 06 (just had a quick look on Ebay) but at the end of the day it is a "Plymouth Switcher" & they (mostly) are all alike - see my review vid link below!!!

@ every one else :- well here it is my review video of the 2019 C. C. Model - the R3775 Network Rail 0-4-0 diesel Shunter :- 

Thank you & enjoy  😀

• 4 weeks later...

JJ

have a look at this website;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwilq4mZg9XlAhX_QUEAHXDnBRYQFjAAegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thebigbigtrain.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw3GJ3G24TbyAE4MZV1Mc10P

The locos were battery powered and had two switches, one for on/off and the other for direction. There was a lineside switch that could send the loco back from a dead end (if the batteries were good). It was really two scales, the Hymek was a reasonable scale 0 gauge model that is still used today by people to update to 12v operation. There were also reasonable O scale 16T mineral wagons in various colours and BR coaches, again still used by people to upgrade. The diesel shunter and steam locos ran on the same track but were more narrow gauge in appearance and there were appropriate narrow gauge type wagons, again in various colours. Oddly there were a continental 0 scale coach, US style caboose and gondola with no appropriate locos to pull them unless you include the 060 tank which I think was more narrow gauge. This may suggest that there were plans to introduce a Transcontinental type range. 

As a child I didn’t worry too much about the different scales or origins of the rolling stock and ran everything together. I went through a lot of batteries which can’t have been good for the planet!

The Big Big Train 0-6-0 Tank locomotive was a pretty good model of the Class USA locomotives, built in the USA for the US Army Transportation Corps during WW2.

These were mainly for use in Europe, and were designed to be a pretty exact fit into the British loading gauge.

The Southern Railway bought some from the WD for use in Southampton Docks...where they gained the class name USA.

There was a notice on the bunker side that read...

When standing on these footsteps, you are not within the loading gauge.

😮

Oh yes - interesting - I wonder if the Hornby Junior - Train set Paddington has the same sort of track as the BIG BIG TRAIN SET???

I went through a lot of batteries which can’t have been good for the planet!

Only if you didn't recyce them!!!

JJ no-one recycled much in the early 1970s. Everything went into the bin and then into a hole in the ground or a heap somewhere where the leachate leaked into the environmenT with no control measures whatsoever. If you want to see some of the legacy of this have a walk round parts of certain towns where the brown leachate is still flowing from the chemical tips into the rivers and canals and it’s really visible.

• 1 month later...