Do you get a free model every year?

For many years an 0-4-0 locomotive is included with the membership (With exception to 2015, when 0-6-0 was the club locomotive that year). I think a locomotive has been included in the club since Hornby started it, but don't qoute me on that.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

HI Gordon

I've never ever received an 0-6-0 loco as a Club loco, and I've been a member since 2004. I think 2015 was the year Hornby stopped giving a loco and replaced it with a £20 Voucher. The "free" loco was re-introduced in 2018 with R3678 0-4-0 GWR (looking) loco No.18. I stand to be corrected, but I have a list of all free loco's since 2000. There were loco's/wagons before this, but I've now thrown away all my Collectors Club Magazines from Issue One until the last old format one was produced - so can't check back. BB

@ Jacob & B. B. :- 

@GNR-Gordon-4

For many years an 0-4-0 locomotive is included with the membership (With exception to 2015, when 0-6-0 was the club locomotive that year). I think a locomotive has been included in the club since Hornby started it, but don't qoute me on that.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

HI Gordon

I've never ever received an 0-6-0 loco as a Club loco, and I've been a member since 2004. I think 2015 was the year Hornby stopped giving a loco and replaced it with a £20 Voucher. The "free" loco was re-introduced in 2018 with R3678 0-4-0 GWR (looking) loco No.18. I stand to be corrected, but I have a list of all free loco's since 2000. There were loco's/wagons before this, but I've now thrown away all my Collectors Club Magazines from Issue One until the last old format one was produced - so can't check back. BB

Posted at 22:53:10 Sun, 12 Jan 2020I think that joined way back in 2013, got the Free Loco for 2013 & 2014 - bus as B.B. says above I decied to leave the Club in 2015 b/c they had stopped the "Free Loco" - but then when I heard back in 2018 (as also B. B. says above) re-introduced in 2018 with R3678 0-4-0 GWR loco No.18 I decided to rejoin  😀

R3362 0-6-0 ‘WD11’ (WEATHERED) CLUB SPECIAL 2015 was the issued model

Gordon

@Bulleidboy and @Jimyjames

There was an 0-6-0, which was a one-off. Would have been nice of they released another 0-6-0 for 2020. It may not have been from 2015, it might have been from 2014 then but in one of those years, a heavily weathered 0-6-0 scrap locomotive was released as part of the Hornby RailRoad range. I bought one on eBay last year, but the box soes not state which it's from.

@geordi_q

That's the model, but I had forgotten the product number, hence why I didn't mention it! Thank you.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Sorry Jacob - I called you Gordon - apologies. BB

I'm sure the R3362 0-6-0 ‘WD11’ (WEATHERED) CLUB SPECIAL 2015 was as stated a Club Special - not the free loco to club members. In 2015 there were a number of models available for only club members to buy - I bought Battle of Britain Class Manston in 2015 - it was a Club Special - only available to club members, as I'm sure was the R3362 tank.

In 2014 the "free" loco was R3292 0-4-0 Pug 56011 this was the last free loco - in 2015 Club Members received a £20 voucher - the next free loco was issued in 2018 R3678 as previously stated.

Interesting but on the club page it now says - the ' free' loco is a £28 model and s limited to one per membership. I only ask the question as if I join now, I assume I get the current model, but would not get the next model unless I joined again. That is why I was a bit confused - as it seems you have to chose when to join carefully to get the most current 'free' loco.

Hornby have been known to change the loco - in fact I have had one exchanged. For some reason, one year, I received the same loco as the previous year, a quick phone call, and the later model was on its way, and I returned the model previously sent. Not a serious problem.

I've just looked at the Club page and it says you receive a "complimentary"       0-4-0 club locomotive and membership will cost £28.00? There is also the chance to purchase "exclusive" club locomotives.

@bulleidboy

Please don't worry about. You can call me what ever you wish to. I do not mind. 😉  😀

I see. I wonder how much Hornby sold that 0-6-0 for then. Looks as if for three years then, 2015 - 2017, there was not a free 0-4-0 locomotive then. Very interesting.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)