When will the 2020 free loco be available?

I very much doubt that the 2020 club locomotive will appear at the Hornby Hobbies warehouse tomorrow. I doubt the factory in China has started production of the models yet. I reckon they will be around the towards the end of the year, just like last year's models were, just as Brian (walkingthedog) stated above.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

In the past renewal was anytime (twelve months from when you joined) I think the "Club Year" is now January. Some years ago I received the same model as the previous year - a quick phone call and the latest model was sent out to me, and I returnd the duplicated one. As WTD said could be a long wait, and even if the current problems hadn't arisen, it's Chinese New Year so the country is on holiday. 

I thought I'd seen something that suggested the new club model was coming quite soon (or at least, much earlier in the year than last time) but I can't find it now.  Of course even if that were the case when said un-found reference was published, production and shipping schedules are fickle things!

Interesting it was relatively late in the year last year. Maybe they held it off to get an idea on the approximate numbers they might need for members, lessening the amount of spares to be flogged off at UK model shows?  Mind you I had the Railroad HST train pack and the GWR HST Train Set on order last year, originally due in June and didn't arrive until Christmas so maybe last year was bad generally for production delays.

I have a number of items pre-ordered this year from Hornby so I'm hoping they are getting their manufacturing capability closer to the sales/marketing department's desires.  I agree that this Coronavirus business is not going to help at all, poor buggers.

HK.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if it has arrived. I've just received an email to say my parcel from Hornby will be delivered tomorrow. All of my pre-orders are not due until the Summer 2020. Anyone else get an email? BB

I have just checked my pre-orders, and my Membership Renewal is shown as an invoice and lists the free loco, and shows its been dispatched. It's coming by DPD Couriers. So I assume it's the loco??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...