Hornby Club

Brew Man

Since the launch of the new website my Hornby Club membership is no longer linked to my account and there doesn't appear to be a way of re-establishing the link. It's slightly annoying as I recently tried to buy a Club Member item and was knocked back. Does anyone know if this issue is being addressed by Hornby Admin?

I suggest you ring Hornby and ask them if it is still an outstanding issue yet to be resolved in the website changeover. They might not be aware of it as being an issue. There are so many things that are broken [but not obvious] with the new site. Many have been reported by mods to Hornby, but to the best of my knowledge ... not this one.

@ LukeTrainsPlanes

I received this e-mail last week

Firstly, thank you for joining the Hornby 2021 Club.

Please accept our apologies regarding the delay with the club welcome pack distribution. Due to the transition to the new website, we have only received the data needed for the administration of the welcome pack this week.

Please be advised we will be working to have these dispatched to you in the coming week.

If you have any problems or queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Hornby Customer Service team

Gordon

Any news on when the ROW Club membership will be available?
Well if you click on the Community Tab then on the Hornby club Logo it will say the Following -

Dear existing or potential overseas Hornby Collector Club Member,

As you will no doubt be aware as of 1st January 2021 The UK left the European Union. As expected such an action has created several situations going forward that have previously not been an issue.

As existing members are aware part of the membership pack includes not only an annual membership badge but also a yearly Club locomotive which is shipped to you free of charge. Under the new regulations we now have to include, as part of the Customs declaration, not only the value of the model locomotive but also the badge and because of this you will be asked, when either are delivered to pay your respective country’s VAT on the value of both items as well as duty on the badge. Understandably we can appreciate that many of you will object to paying the VAT and duty, claiming that your membership fee should cover such a cost, however currently this is not possible with the way the International posting system is constructed.

While we try and formulate a way through this situation, we are regrettably unable to accept any overseas Hornby Collector Club applications or renewals. We fully appreciate this situation is far from ideal and was something that we had not anticipated. We would therefore please ask you to accept our sincerest apologies and ask for your patience while we will find as quickly as possible an appropriate solution to the problem. 

JJ, I suggest Hornby have a chat with other Clubs that have managed to over come these hurdles. I renewed my membership with one in Jan. Club wagon, badge and books all arrived within a week. No fuss.

what club did you join?

im kind of regretting joining hornby club now.

For a big brand/ company many things seem unprofessionally run.

The website also isnt too great . Makes me wonder what’s happening with Hornby.

LukeTrainsPlanes, I wouldn't regret joining the club. It is worth it.

As you said, Hornby are a big outfit, so change is always a big deal and lets be honest, Brexit is a big deal.

However, I do get frustrated as a ROW club member. Every time there is a change to the Club or postal issues, it takes months to get the ROW back online. The frustrating part is that the UK club goes on as normal.

In answer to your question, I am also a member of the Bachmann Collectors Club.

I suggest you ring Hornby and ask them .............. There are so many things that are broken [but not obvious] with the new site. Many have been reported by mods to Hornby, but to the best of my knowledge ... not this one.

Just as a follow up, I rang Hornby and was told that the Members Area has not yet been completed so the site will not as yet recognise anyone as a member. That means that Club Members items cannot yet be purchased. So yes, they do know about the problem. The chap I spoke to was hopeful that the issues will be resolved by the end of the month. Quite a long time I thought.