New membership

Tw122l3

SO, its soon to be July and thats when most people started thier newest Airfix club membership a year ago i suspect.

Currently the Airfix site just shows Club membership coming soon due to a revamp, but we've not had any more news. There was an email a couple month ago asking for suggestions etc, but since then, its all gone quiet.

I kow my membership will expire next month but not sure i'll renew it yet. How many others are thinking the same? I mean we havent had much for the last year, i'm 1 club mag short of the three promised and at the moment it doesnt even look liek there'll be a new kit available. I already have 2 of the "Kates" exclusives.

I'd like to see some form or update befor ei renew to say whats coming and when and to see a new kit exclusive for members.

What do you all think about this? You having teh same thoughts? Tell me your thoughts!

I think it’s time for an update from Airfix. We do not want to be in the same position we were all in over the last few years where it was total silence.

They asked for our suggestions at the beginning of the year and I must admit I did not respond as that’s not something I’m good at. But if they could outline where they ere with their thinking at present I, as I’m sure many of us would, be quick to advise if something was looking good or bad.

I think it’s time for an update from Airfix. We do not want to be in the same position we were all in over the last few years where it was total silence.

They asked for our suggestions at the beginning of the year and I must admit I did not respond as that’s not something I’m good at. But if they could outline where they ere with their thinking at present I, as I’m sure many of us would, be quick to advise if something was looking good or bad.

See now i did respond. Dont normally, but for once wanted to put my input forward. And i got a response back as well, within a few days. But since then, its all been silence and i remember what that was like waiting for the club to restart last year!

Mine expires this coming Saturday (26th June) and it's Deja vu all over again. Airfix really do like to treat their loyal customers with a massive amount of disrespect and tardiness, this isn't the first time being in this exact same (sinking) boat......

I got the email as well - funnily enough the same day I was going to ring them about what was happening about renewals.

And there was a nice discount included in the email which I took advantage of as well, so that will be winging its way to me at some point in the next few days. Mind you, I've got to work out where I'll be putting the three I'll have to build when it arrives!

• 1 month later...
I got the email as well - funnily enough the same day I was going to ring them about what was happening about renewals.

And there was a nice discount included in the email which I took advantage of as well, so that will be winging its way to me at some point in the next few days. Mind you, I've got to work out where I'll be putting the three I'll have to build when it arrives!

A bit late for you but a quick use of an internet search engine would show you that it was cheaper to obtain said kit not from Hornby with that discount but directly from other retailers, ie not a good discount for us loyal members at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Does anyone know how to renew club membership (lapsed by a couple of years now) for those of us overseas?

I am in Singapore and would like to renew my old club membership but the website says it can't ship here, yet the blurb says that club members in ROW (Rest Of World) get the same as the UK based members but without the hardcopy of the magazine, only a soft copy.

What am I missing? Is there a renewal page for overseas members to rejoin the club from?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to renew club membership (lapsed by a couple of years now) for those of us overseas?

I am in Singapore and would like to renew my old club membership but the website says it can't ship here, yet the blurb says that club members in ROW (Rest Of World) get the same as the UK based members but without the hardcopy of the magazine, only a soft copy.

What am I missing? Is there a renewal page for overseas members to rejoin the club from?

Basically what they're saying is that they won't send you hard copy magazines, or supply "free" kits through the Passport scheme.

• 3 weeks later...

Ratch and Kenneth,

Thanks for your reply. Sounds most logical but... Unfortunately, I can not even join, certainly not from an address outside of the UK. It just won't let me!

I am quite happy to not receive a hardcopy of the magazine or the free kit but there is no option to select that from the website.

I have emailed the club at newclubs@hornby.com on the 23rd November but have had no reply at all.

Are there ANY overseas club members here who may be able to help please?

• 2 months later...

A bit late for you but a quick use of an internet search engine would show you that it was cheaper to obtain said kit not from Hornby with that discount but directly from other retailers, ie not a good discount for us loyal members at all.

I've only just seen this response - I may have been able to get it cheaper (possibly) but then that money would not have benefitted Airfix directly. I will only buy from 2 or 3 retailers online; Hannants, Wonderland Models (in Edinburgh) and Airfix due to having had really bad experiences with others. I will not purchase from Amazon or E-Bay, prices may appear to be better, but I prefer to place my monetary support where I know it will be welcomed such as Airfix, or Hannants etc. That's my choice to make!