Off topics

ModelerXYZ

No, there are no plans to bring it back in any form. It was removed because it was abused by a small number of individuals who's posts caused heated arguments and personality attacks which ended up with threads having to be shutdown and removed. Sometimes these personal attack issues were so severe that the Administrator current at that time (pre-dates current forum moderator tools) had to step in and take action. One incident in particular I recall, had the potential to put Hornby in bad light (publicity wise) outside the forum in the wider public domain i.e. Facebook and other 'Social Media' platforms. This was the last straw and Hornby Admin pulled the 'Off Topic' forum section.

EDIT: Brew Man's reply further below in this thread sums up nicely why the Hornby 'Off Topic' forum was removed.

Also, let's just talk about trains, it's what we're here for - Choo-choooo! sunglasses

I am an administrator on another unrelated forum and I can tell you that off-topic threads have on more than one occasion almost brought the entire forum to its knees. So let's not go there.

I should add, that any attempts to circumvent the removal of the 'Off Topic' forum, are likely to have 'off topic' threads and posts removed without explanation, particularly if they are deemed likely to create disharmony on this forum.

• 4 months later...
@Will Hay
It was me that deleted your image of part of a full size WW2 aircraft in a Hangar, as it has no relevance whatsoever to a Model Railway Forum.

No, neither does electrical fires in the wings of airplanes, but I guess it depends who the author is.